Olympic RR **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The Mall - FINISH 3.40pm (according to approx times at http://www.gosurrey.info/olympic-road-cycling/race-times/)

Thanks!

VamP

Banned
You know what, just reading that makes me want to grow a monobrow and learn Slovenian. Prejsť Sagan, pódium dievčatá plakať, ak pán Cav vyhrať!

erm... wrong language!??

Seeing as he and I were born in the same country I fancy myself a bit of an expert on this :hello:

fimm

Veteran
Thank you for the link, ColinJ.
One thing we can be sure of is that the GB team will be very, very familiar with the route...
Interesting discussion, everybody, particularly the bits about trade teams coming into play too.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Catch is that Millar is the Team Captain on the road, so presumably needs to be around most of this troops ...

Precisely, and Millar in a break is "known quantity" to most of the riders anyway, whereas Froome perhaps less so.
Box Hill may not be that big or that steep (by pro-peleton standards) but in his current form Froome may still be able to explode off the front?
Half of the peleton might just think there was a chance he was after personal glory and, if they have the legs, go after him.

Would be a risky tactic, especially with no radios.

Will they have the motorbikes with the chalk boards giving the time gaps ?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
In theory, yes, but if you remember what happened in Sydney - Kazakh Vinokourov rode with his German Telekom team-mates Ullrich and Klöden. Trade team loyalties may kick in if personal and national interests cannot be served.

Colombia and Norway each have two Sky men on their team...

To work out Cav's chances, I think you have to look at which teams will be hoping for a sprint finish, and which will prefer to get a man away in a break. As lukesdad says, Belgium and France fall into the latter category. Italy too, I think. And you can expect the whole of the Slovakian team to be in any escape group.

Of the ones hoping for a sprint finish, as well as GB, there's Germany, Australia, USA. Probably Norway and Spain too, though they could go either way. That's probably enough people chasing down to ensure a sprint finish, isn't it?

d.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You know what, just reading that makes me want to grow a monobrow and learn Slovenian. Prejsť Sagan, pódium dievčatá plakať, ak pán Cav vyhrať!

I don't think he speaks Slovenian... ;)

PpPete

Legendary Member
And you can expect the whole of the Slovakian team to be in any escape group.
:laugh:

Of the ones hoping for a sprint finish, as well as GB, there's Germany, Australia, USA. Probably Norway and Spain too, though they could go either way. That's probably enough people chasing down to ensure a sprint finish, isn't it?
It's enough people for sure.... but if they are smart, they'll all wait around for Sky GB to do the chasing.

raindog

er.....
:laugh:
It's enough people for sure.... but if they are smart, they'll all wait around for Sky GB to do the chasing.
Trouble with that is, if GB fail to chase down the break and those other nations don't have someone in the break themselves, then they won't get a medal either.

Top Bottom