Olympic RR - Women (spoilers etc)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
Just as long as they have a Plan B!!

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Well that's what the Guardian article suggested, which is contrary to all the other reports I heard.
It's a bit of a different race because GB don't have the fastest sprinter out there and they'll want to eliminate people like Marianne Vos from the equation.

yello

Do the have a Plan A??? ;) (and I am being flippant, honest)

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to watch. I have to (i.e. my wife says so) go to a wedding anniversary party tomorrow afternoon. Personally, if it were just me, I'd watch the cycling... but it's not just me! :laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I gathered that she's not Miss Popular. Why?
She's single minded and does not suffer fools.

yello

I guess, in fairness, she is from a different era (and I don't mean that in negative way). For many years, she pretty much was UK women's cycling. Her successes are undeniable. Her, er, 'headstrongness' is well known and partly the reason for her successes. She's a talented and gutsy rider... just maybe not a team player unless it's her team. She probably finds it difficult to pass over the baton.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
But the likes of Armistead & co are hardly fools. Cooke has never really been part of the Cycling GB setup either, has she? It seems odd that someone as good as her, even if she is a poor team player, seems to be on the margins.
She didn't come through the system like the others though. Herself and David Millar are the last of the "Foreign Legion" who went out and did it on their own bat.

She didn't come through the system like the others though. Herself and David Millar are the last of the "Foreign Legion" who went out and did it on their own bat.
But Millar seems to have no problem with the setup or with working as a team player. Hasn't she also changed teams more frequently than I've changed my pants?

Top Bottom