Olympics overspend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dawesome

[QUOTE 1699022, member: 45"]I refer you to my previous-but-one post.[/quote]

[QUOTE 1699022, member: 45"]I refer you to my previous-but-one post.[/quote]

Your previous post said nobody had predicted the park would be ruined by locals.

The quote of subaqua's that I posted predicted exactly that.

You ARE reading the posts properly?

dawesome

Read it properly and see the bit about a "no go zone"?

That's paranoid hysteria, there's no reasonable grounds to think anything so silly, and please read posts properly.

dawesome

[QUOTE 1699045, member: 45"]I was very clear to you about what would be temporary.

You're yet to understand, and then suggest who is going to look after the lumpy park which will be left, while the outlining estates are left untouched.[/quote]

Like The Carpenters', the new UCL campus?

You keep claiming surrounding areas are being left. You're quite wrong.

dawesome

[QUOTE 1699050, member: 45"]My response was to your comment, not subaqua's.[/quote]

Your previous post said nobody had predicted the park would be ruined by locals.

The quote of subaqua's that I posted predicted exactly that.

So, you DON'T think the park will be a no-go zone? Can you think of any "no-go-zones" in East London?

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Advertising experts estimate this is worth up to £5bn in airtime exposure.
Cast of 15,000 volunteers

They will be drawn from members of the public and more than 10,000 have already been auditioned.

This is a lie, this has been cast on acting and dancing casting sites and through agents, although due to the fact it's unpaid has lead Equity to advise members not to apply.

dawesome

[QUOTE 1699074, member: 45"]No, like the park which will need to be continuously managed once the cameras have left.

[/quote]

Errr, no, you said the surrounding estates will remain untouched.

You're wrong.

dawesome

You mean the Bow Flyover used by thousands of drivers and cyclists every day?

dawesome

[QUOTE 1699119, member: 45"]How does a campus improve housing the other side of a fence?

[/quote]

The Carpenter's estate is on the other side of the fence.

You claimed "outlining estates won't be touched".

You recognise now that this is quite incorrect.

dawesome

[QUOTE 1699045, member: 45"]You're yet to understand, and then suggest who is going to look after the lumpy park which will be left, while the outlining estates are left untouched.[/quote]

The outlining estates aren't left untouched, why do you keep ignoring this:

UCL and the London Borough of Newham have today announced plans to explore the establishment of a new campus for UCL in the Olympic borough of Newham, in addition to the University’s Bloomsbury location.
Under the terms of the agreement signed by UCL and Newham Council, both parties now have six months to progress proposals for the development, which could include teaching and research space as well as additional community, residential and commercial space. The proposed site is within the Greater Carpenters Neighbourhood, east of the Olympic Park, which has been earmarked for redevelopment since 2010.

The whole things a mess. If I didnt have to work I would move country when it is on......oh and then there is 'the after show mess' - what to do with the buildings, sites, overspend as been previously discussed on the thread.

Ooohh that felt better - getting my 2 pennith in!

dawesome

Take a stroll down The Highway:

Thousands upon thousands of people will be moving to Stratford over the coming years, and the area and its developers are working hard to create the kind of housing that will accommodate them. Apartments adjoining the Stratford’s rejuvenated centre with all its arts, entertainment and retail opportunities; Georgian-style terraces of family dwellings in the northern quarter of the Olympic park; and modern Scandinavian-style houses lining the waterways to the south.
Canalside housing and in parkland, homes in the Athletes Village, homes in the urban heart of Stratford City. Homes to rent, homes to buy, affordable part-rent/part-buy homes. All enjoying the incredible connectivity, infrastructure and facilities which this fast-growing area has to offer. All developed with a consciousness of the urgent need for a low-carbon, energy efficient future and benefiting from a menu of eco-innovations: green roofs, heat pumps, maximised insulation and combined heat and power systems.
And many conceived and designed by some of the world’s leading urban architects.
Stratford’s new developments will offer housing for every age and income. They will sustain and strengthen the youthfulness and diversity of the area, they will dovetail with Stratford’s history and heritage, and they will be built with respect for its existing communities.
Stratford is planning for the future - by planning for people.

http://www.stratfordlondon.info/stratfords-future

dawesome

OMG, a GIGANTIC BELL!!1eleven:

The Bell will be bigger than Big Ben Bell.

It will start with the ringing of a giant bell inscribed with a line from a speech by Caliban in William Shakespeare's The Tempest: "Be not afeard, the isle is full of noises".
The bell weights 27 tonnes and is being struck today at the Whitechapel Bell foundry. It's much bigger than Big Ben and the hope is that it will remain in the Park after the Games.

The Bell will be inside the London 2012 Stadium.

inscribed with "Be not afeard, the isle is full of noises".

Bell company http://www.whitechapelbellfoundry.co.uk/

Top Bottom