Olympics Tickets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They've got footie in st James park. I've applied for tickets for that in wembley..some athletics..and figuring out how to bike it to box hill for the road race. Hoping to be lucky like everyone else. Biggest cost will be finding somewhere to stay if I do get some tickets..but I'll pass that bridge when I come to it.

e-rider

crappy member
I'm sure that the chances of getting 'cheap' £50 tickets for most of the events is much much lower than most people I've spoken to think it is. All my mates are pretty confident that they'll get all the tickets they applied for - I think they are going to have a big shock, with the exception of a few events (eg. MTBing).

The velodrome holds less than 8000 people and I'd guess that not more than 1000 seats are allocated at £50; perhaps even a lot less. So what is the global demand for these tickets??? 100,000? 250,000? 500,000? I'd expect a huge number of Europeans alone to be interested in these events and they are all free to apply using the normal online system. Then there are the north Americans, Russians, Chinese, Australians..........................demand will be huge!!!

I'd say 1/100 would be the best odds for getting a £50 ticket for the track cycling!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It may be a bit naff I realsie that....

... but you can't beat a free TV trackside seat at home with replays/ pause/ slow motion/ experts' commentary to guide me [with a few exceptions], a supply of food, drinks, clean toilet [no queues] all bundled into a 1 hour review of full day's excitement when I get in from work.... so no need to trail all the way down to London for a few minutes of expensive action and lots of sitting around waiting.

[Like most sports, watching it live demands commitment and patience, so hope it stays dry and warm on the day, wherever you are. Still happiest taking part rather than watching but those days are, in the main, long gone!]

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have applied for the 'cheap' tickets for the Velodrome on the first two days of qualifying, but I am not holding out much hope. Myself and a few friends will be at the roadside for the mens and womens road race. Boxhill is where we intend to go, along with the world and his wife.

PpPete

Legendary Member
My excuse is, that it's for the kids to appreciate as once in a lifetime experience....
have applied for 7th August - men's keirin final
+ some swimming sessions they particularly want to go to as they are all keen club swimmers.
it will be damned expensive if I get all the tickets I've applied for...

we'll probably ride up and sleep out on Box Hill for the RR too.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
just applied for 4 tickets to a low priced athletics session - dont have much hope of getting the tickets but we will see. It will be nice to visit the stadium and sample the atmosphere.

Also applied for the cross country horse trials as that is a bus ride from home and looks exciting. I have more hope of getting these tickets, kids pay their equivalent age in pounds so mine will pay £5 and £1 which is a bargain.

In all i have applied for 8 tickets; if i get lucky with all of them I will have to pay £202 which is £25 per ticket. That is a good price IMO.

I live locally so will not need hotels etc.

Will also try to see the cycle road racing as it goes through my parents village and box hill is less than 10 miles away so I can bunk down there and cycle to a good vantage point on the downs.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Will also try to see the cycle road racing as it goes through my parents village and box hill is less than 10 miles away so I can bunk down there and cycle to a good vantage point on the downs.

I still think we should twist Shauns arm to blow some subs on a CycleChat hospitality tent at the top of Box Hill.

Norm

Well I've booked to see the rowing on the Tuesday ... I doubt I'll get it ...
I've booked for more than just the one day. :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was worried just how much my family would tolerate ... if I don't get then I will try buying later for just myself perhaps.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I've gone for football at Old Trafford easy to get to, basket ball and beach volleyball which coinside with the two cycling road races. Before anyone starts sniggering the beach volley ball is at the request of swmbo who comes from Brazil and likes that sort of thing, honest :ohmy:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've gone for the mtb races (I've never seen them on the olympics coverage on tv) and the track session with the men's team pursuit final. Expect to get one of the first but not the second.

I've also decided to go for a hockey session which I enjoy on the tv so I fancy could be good live :smile:

I missed the road race needed tickets though. Are they going to block the whole course off for walk up spectators?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I've gone for the mtb races (I've never seen them on the olympics coverage on tv) and the track session with the men's team pursuit final. Expect to get one of the first but not the second.

I've also decided to go for a hockey session which I enjoy on the tv so I fancy could be good live :smile:

I missed the road race needed tickets though. Are they going to block the whole course off for walk up spectators?

I think it is only the grand stands at the Mall that you need tickets for. They can't block the entire route it is too long.

siadwell

Guru
Seventy quid on the credit card - looks like 2 tickets to the tennis. None of the other 600 quid's worth that my wife applied for, including track cycling.

I don't even like tennis.:sad:

Top Bottom