Olympics Tickets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Went a bit crazy and realised I would be £1,750 or so lighter if I 'won' all my choices so I reeled in my options to cover a few cycling events, football and some shooting.

How many of you are going for the road race and the TT? I was pleasantly surprised to see them as free events!

Is Shaun organising a CC Pimms tent?

TVC

I'm just going to the free events, I don't see that the charged velodrome sessions represent anything near value for the few races you get to see.

I know people will say that it's the Olympics so it's special, but I won't be ripped off for anything.

Norm

I'm currently deciding what tickets to apply for to watch either the rowing or canoeing...
As they are both on my doorstep, I was going to suggest tea and offer assistance finding somewhere to stay... then I remembered they're on your parents' doorstep too. :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
If the deadline for entries is Tuesday night, does anyone know when you're likely to find out if you've got lucky? And if it'll be the same timescale for all events?
I'm not after any but family are.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
If the deadline for entries is Tuesday night, does anyone know when you're likely to find out if you've got lucky? And if it'll be the same timescale for all events?
I'm not after any but family are.

It says on the site you must ensure enough money is in your account from 10th May - 10th June so I imagine you will find out during this time.

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks Wigsie. Is shooting any good as a spectator sport? Not knowing much about it, it doesn't sound like it would be, but as I said - I don't know much about it!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
As they are both on my doorstep, I was going to suggest tea and offer assistance finding somewhere to stay... then I remembered they're on your parents' doorstep too. :biggrin:

Are you going to buy tickets since it is on your doorstep? My main concern is what roads will they close and will they let pedestrians through anyway - I figure the easiest way is probably to walk there, I can't imagine being able to park nearby.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Thanks Wigsie. Is shooting any good as a spectator sport? Not knowing much about it, it doesn't sound like it would be, but as I said - I don't know much about it!

Well I do like clay/skeet shooting so would quite enjoy it, the pistols/rifles aren't exactly extreme action though so unless you are an enthusiast I would try something else.

Norm

Are you going to buy tickets since it is on your doorstep? My main concern is what roads will they close and will they let pedestrians through anyway - I figure the easiest way is probably to walk there, I can't imagine being able to park nearby.
From what I've seen so far, the only access for spectators will be park'n'ride buses (there'll be half a dozen car parks, locations currently not disclosed) into Windsor race course and you'll have to walk over the pedestrian bridge from there.

That's enough of a pain for me, as we're a few miles from Windsor here but about 400m from the lake, but from your side of the lake, that will be fantastically painful to have to get to Windsor to walk back over to somewhere that's a mile from your front door.

I haven't seen anything about access for cyclists or pedestrian access for local residents.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
So you think I won't be able to use either Lake End Road or Marsh Lane ... that will be really really annoying (if you hear anything in the run up to the games about road closures can you let me know or do you think there just won't be access from that side).

Norm

I went along to the lake a few months ago when they had an open day / consultation thing.

What they said was that the only spectator access was intended to be from a new bridge being built across from the racecourse. The main entrance from Marsh Lane will be reserved for competitors and officials and the ped access from Boveney Lane will be closed off for the duration, as will be the access from the river opposite Bray Marina.

Top Bottom