OMG - one for the boys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Dannyg said:
It never did me any harm :sad:

And there seems to be quite a bit of evidence that it reduces the transmission of some STDs.

The more you cut off, the more you reduce the transmission of some stds, statistically. Cut it all off and infection rates will plummet.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
badkitty said:
This thread is useless without pictures....:sad:

You cruel, cruel, heartless biatch :tongue:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
It does seem to be a cultural thing in America, as far as I can gather, and they probably think we're really weird for not doing it routinely. Is it a hygiene thing over there, as some have said? Whatever, I think it's a fairly major thing to do when the child isn't able to choose themselves to have it done.

I remember the programme on TV about the English boy whose circumcision went a bit wrong (they cut too much off!) so they brought him up as a girl, thinking at the time with the nature/nurture debate that he'd never notice and would be happily a girl. Which he wasn't. It was a fascinating programme but scary to see how much doctors and parents will risk.

Mortiroloboy

badkitty said:
This thread is useless without pictures....:sad:

BK:blush: I'm a roundhead, never known any different, t'was done for medical reasons as a small boy, I actually like it, and so have all the women I've ever 'known';)

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

redjedi said:
:evil: Of a 2 day old boy????

Bad, bad kitty

She is an old perve and has been told, bigstyle. :biggrin:

I think she was hoping the gentlemen of the forum may offer up some photographic evidence ... purely for medical research of course.

snapper_37 said:
She is an old perve and has been told, bigstyle. :biggrin:

I think she was hoping the gentlemen of the forum may offer up some photographic evidence ... purely for medical research of course.

Oi Snapper, less of the old, if you don't mind!

Call me a perve for appreciating the male anatomy by all means, but don't ever call me OLD! :evil::ohmy::ohmy: You wicked Biatch....

(ps. I don't think they're gonna take the hint, but thanks for trying babe....)

redjedi

Über Member
Wasn't there a "men in lycra" thread floating around somewhere? That's not far off what you're looking for.

Otherwise I would love to help you out, but my camera is at home :evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
Totally un-neccessary !

Its obviously there for a reason: if yuor born with it!

Some religious shoot obviously !!!!!!!!! :evil:

It wasn't so long ago that people routinely had childrens tonsils removed when there was nothing wrong with them, to avoid getting tonsilitis. I assume this is much the same thing.

'Religious shoot' is a bit narrow minded. Plenty of old 'religious' customs have a basis in common sense (although, of course, some don't).

I didn't know it was an American thing though...

wafflycat

Auntie Helen said:
It does seem to be a cultural thing in America, as far as I can gather, and they probably think we're really weird for not doing it routinely. Is it a hygiene thing over there, as some have said? Whatever, I think it's a fairly major thing to do when the child isn't able to choose themselves to have it done.

The above brought it back to me..

When I had WCMnr some 20 years ago, there was an American woman in the bed opposite... oh dear.. oh dear.. oh dear... She was every horrible American stereotype rolled into one. She expected to be waited on every minute of the day by the nurses & midwives. She expected the rest of the women on the ward (all of whom had also just given birth) to pander to her every whim if the staff were not around. IIRC, there was one woman, less polite than I who told her to stop being such a pathetic cow and f*** off. The rest of us cheered at the the one who had the guts to say what the rest of us felt. The American was very very LOUD. She brayed on about how much better and bigger everything was over in the States... She whinged on about how her giving birth was much more horrendous than everyone else... She also protested LONG and LOUD about the encouragement of disease we Brits do by not having our male children routinely circumcised... because over in the States, it was always done on grounds of hygiene.

Having it done for medical reasons is one thing, but purely cultural... nah...

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

wafflycat said:
Having it done for medical reasons is one thing, but purely cultural... nah...

That's kind of what I think but, it's up to them. I don't get involved as they live too far away and wouldn't fancy starting WW3. Mr brother would tell me to mind my own fecking business anyway.

My brother and his wife are both british but they have built their lives over there and want the kids to fit in. :evil:

I also hate seeing babies with their ears pierced. :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
The US do it routinely for medical reasons alone. It is very unusual to find someone uncut over there, to the extent that people will hide that they are. They publicise the fact that the incidence of infection for Aids and other STD's is lower for circumcised men. I thought I had read somewhere that the incidence of cervical cancer is higher in younger women if they have relationships with uncircumcised men as well. There was a survey which compared Jewish women with non-Jewish women and they have a much smaller incidence of cancer of this type. Other factors come into play (e.g. race & genetics) but circumcision was thought to play a big part in it.

My wife who spent a lot of time in Israel, reckons that cut Israeli's can't achieve 100% in their army medical for that reason. How she knows this is another question altogether.

Mr Pig

I'm going to admit my ignorance here, I don't know what bit they cut off!

It's not like it's a separate bit of skin, it's part of the single skin that covers the rest of you. How can you cut a bit off without leaving a hole? I know it is done, but I don't know how.

gary r

Guru
My son had to have a circumcision 3yrs ago,He was 5 yrs old,He had a tight foreskin which wouldnt retract.but it was better to have it done at 5yrs old than 15!!!!!
It was pretty sore for a while,but he recovered very quickly.The worst thing was seeing him go under the anesthetic,I was in floods of tears as he fell asleep! God! im welling up thinking about it now!!!

Top Bottom