On my ride today I came across this pleasant surprise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Country lane.......nothing but farmland around. Some bastewards had left this lot.
To me one of the worst types of crime as its against the planet and all mankind.
20180507_112013.jpg

Freds Dad

Veteran
Completely wrong and they should lock up whoever did it if they catch them.
Unfortunately I think we will be seeing more of it in Cheshire because of this
https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/was...d-waste-recycling-centres/rubble-charges.aspx

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It’s a horrible fact of life that there are many many scumbags out there
On long bike rides I play the “ furnish my house “ game and see how many household items are thrown in the hedges
I just can’t believe people put it in their cars - ride pass the tips and throw it in the hedge !! The mind boggles

Freds Dad

Veteran
It’s a horrible fact of life that there are many many scumbags out there
On long bike rides I play the “ furnish my house “ game and see how many household items are thrown in the hedges
I just can’t believe people put it in their cars - ride pass the tips and throw it in the hedge !! The mind boggles

There is more than a cars worth in the photo. I would guess it is a builder who doesn't want to pay the charge at the tip.

Disgraceful, why do people do it, I have no hesitation on reporting people who I see doing this, lowlifes

I noticed today where I cycle lots of empty gel sachets, even a destroyed inner tube, why not just take the rubbish home, it’s not like there’s an army of people cleaning up, I now end up with a bag full of rubbish just about every time I go out.

Drago

Legendary Member
If they're caught - which is unlikely as the authorities would rather spend money clearing it up after the event that would be better spent on prefention strategies - they might get a bit of a fine. That'll learn 'em.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
If they're caught - which is unlikely as the authorities would rather spend money clearing it up after the event that would be better spent on prefention strategies - they might get a bit of a fine. That'll learn 'em.
I dunno, they're pretty proactive about this sort of thing here in County Durham, even to the extent of covert surveillance at known black spots.

Erhh .....yes.
Seriously though this is part of a regular route for me. There is often junk dumped there but tat is the worst I have seen.
It is sad what you see dumped when cycling. Some of it doesn't even need to be taken to a tip it would fit easily into a wheelie bin.. The mind boggles and if people started dumping stuff in the perpetrators gardens they would soon kick off about it

It does cost the authority to clean up, but if someone dumps rubbish on your land, then you have to clean it up, and the authority can get quite threatening about you doing so in a timely manor, and charge you if you don’t comply, which is a bitter pill to swallow if your a farmer or smallholder.

Top Bottom