On owning a Caravan, CC'ers experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Height bars are a problem in many places with a MH, caravan all the way for us, we have been in ours this weekend, still are in fact.

The bills are a lot less than the OP quoted.

I should add that we have owned both types over many years.

Last edited:

spen666

Legendary Member
I have no strong views on the subject, other than that motorists (and their families - at least 7 generations) who tow caravans or even consider towing caravans should be exterminated immediately. Summary justice- no presumption of innocence etc.

Other than that I have little to add

screenman

Legendary Member
I have no strong views on the subject, other than that motorists (and their families - at least 7 generations) who tow caravans or even consider towing caravans should be exterminated immediately. Summary justice- no presumption of innocence etc.

Other than that I have little to add

You have just shown the type of motorist you are.^_^

spen666

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4765979, member: 259"]Can you not just hire a caravan for a few days and see how you get on with it?[/QUOTE]
I should have made it clear, those encouraging people to drive towing caravans and 7 generations of their families deserve extermination

Salar

A fish out of water
I wouldn't tow again.

I used to tow trailer tents, not too bad, and boats which had a mind of their own when reversing.

If I was getting back into camping I'd go for a small motorhome that is easier to park. You'll find the smaller ones more expensive as they are easier to drive.

Have a look at the small R10 and R20 Romahomes, pricey but nice.

Tim Hall

Just a thought on the motorhome thing & why we have not gone down that route apart from the hugely inflated buy prices, once you are on site & you want to go out or the day you have to pack everything away. When you get back you have to hope nobody has blocked your way back to your pitch. Depending where you intend to go do you want to be driving a bus around everyday, it may even restrict some of the places you could see.
You could get some kind of smaller, human powered form of transport and use that for your day trips. Hell, I expect there's an internet forum about such things.

D

Deleted member 26715

The Hymers are amazing motorhomes, you could easily live in one permanently. I know someone who has one, and they tow a Smart car from it on an A-frame so it's a rigid tow. It solves the disadvantages of towing and leaving the site in one go.
Although potentially illegal but let's not worry about that

D

Deleted member 26715

You could get some kind of smaller, human powered form of transport and use that for your day trips. Hell, I expect there's an internet forum about such things.
We have never been able to train our dog to ride a bike & would never consider leaving her in the caravan all day.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think the person concerned knows what he's doing, but thanks anyway.
If you're sure, most don't as they've been sold it by a salesman, how are the brakes on the car operated when being towed?

Top Bottom