One bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
In a similar vein my Dawes Galaxy (531 tubed).
It's not too shabby on the road, it will cope with the rough stuff as well a CX bike (assuming the tyres are appropriate)
Comfy geometry, rack bosses, big old cantis that still work in the wet and the mud.
Modified triple gearing - so far outside Shimano's spec it's a joke. Can keep pedalling from 2.5mph to about 40mph.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Does not compute. Zzzzzz zzzzzz bang.

Can't have just 1 bike.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You've got slicks on it so its no longer a bike that can do everything and anything ;p

Or is part of the scenario that you can have multiple component sets so that your chosen ONE bike is basically more than one?
oh go on then, one bike but with multi components.

Cant wait to see what Frankenstein-esq efforts we'll come up with now.

Get In The Van

i'll have one of these with Chris Hoy as the driver or maybe Lance during his EPO days to get me around. :laugh:
Plenty space in the back for the shop run, plus no fear when i leave it outside the shop as the driver will be waiting until i get back.
pedicabsmallDSCN4526.jpg

A Titanium Cyclocross frame, with SRAM Red group set, compact 50/34 up front and 11/32 on the rear. That's if money was no object :biggrin:

I can't find any titanium CX frames though!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I think I'd be another one going for a tourer. The mix of decent on-road speed coupled with the frame strength and ability to get anywhere I wanted (tyres permitting) would satisfy me nicely.:thumbsup:

I suspect my N+1 will actually be a tourer when I can afford it.

Night Train

Maker of Things
i'll have one of these with Chris Hoy as the driver or maybe Lance during his EPO days to get me around. :laugh:
Plenty space in the back for the shop run, plus no fear when i leave it outside the shop as the driver will be waiting until i get back.
pedicabsmallDSCN4526.jpg
With your name I would have thought more one of these.
truck1.jpg

capacityl.jpg

^_^

Arch

Married to Night Train
You should see the looks on peoples faces when you do go to the shop in one of those.:laugh: :thumbsup:

Or fit a huge quantity of recycling on one with the cargo box. People say "Oh, I've got some big bits of cardboard, but..."
"Nah, bring them out"
"No, really, they are very big, it's the box a bookcase came in"
"Bring them out, we'll have a look..."

We pretty much always fit them in somehow, jammed down the side of the plastic recycling boxes, or at the back. With real luck, you get a tailwind in the 'sail' on the way back....

I'd have to go for a fast tourer, such as my late Orbit was (RIP :sad: ). But disc brakes, hub gears, bullhorn bars, 700x28 M+ tyres, propstand. Ideally with S&S couplings.

In fact, very similar to what I hope to be commissioning very shortly.

I do have a few different bikes, but I like to do everything - touring, day rides, commuting, shopping, off-road etc - on whatever I have to hand, and the Orbit did very well at all those, so I look forward to the tweaks I want to introduce...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Or fit a huge quantity of recycling on one with the cargo box. People say "Oh, I've got some big bits of cardboard, but..."
"Nah, bring them out"
"No, really, they are very big, it's the box a bookcase came in"
"Bring them out, we'll have a look..."

We pretty much always fit them in somehow, jammed down the side of the plastic recycling boxes, or at the back. With real luck, you get a tailwind in the 'sail' on the way back....
Is your cargo box as big as this one? Link (Incidentally that is my old trike in the picture):thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
BTW, what sort of stuff are you carrying in that cage? We do paper, card, glass, tins and plastic bottles, so it's a mix of light and heavy. A full box of newspaper and magazines is about 20kg (and we often have three or four of those in a load, along with the rest...)

Top Bottom