One bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
BTW, what sort of stuff are you carrying in that cage? We do paper, card, glass, tins and plastic bottles, so it's a mix of light and heavy. A full box of newspaper and magazines is about 20kg (and we often have three or four of those in a load, along with the rest...)
I'm not. I had to sell the trike and cargo body as my business attempt failed.:sad: The trike is now operated by Hereford Pedicabs who added the cage and do a recycling collection as part of their business (I don't know the details but believe it's mostly cardboard from local firms), plus a pedicab service and last mile deliveries for a major carrier as well.

I'm jealous.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not. I had to sell the trike and cargo body as my business attempt failed.:sad: The trike is now operated by Hereford Pedicabs who added the cage and do a recycling collection as part of their business (I don't know the details but believe it's mostly cardboard from local firms), which includes a pedicab service and last mile deliveries for a major carrier as well.

I'm jealous.

Aw...!:sad:

We have a courier firm in York that do local and last mile deliveries. One time I was passing, they had a polystyrene box of tropical fish to deliver!

We're looking into spreading into business recycling, but probably using our electric truck. But a load of just cardboard would be nice!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just one of those things. It was good fun while it lasted.:thumbsup:

We have a courier firm in York that do local and last mile deliveries. One time I was passing, they had a polystyrene box of tropical fish to deliver!
:giggle:

We're looking into spreading into business recycling, but probably using our electric truck. But a load of just cardboard would be nice!
I know what you mean. They're heavy old beasts when fully loaded.:wacko:

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
On the basis that my hardtail MTB is good fun to ride on the road with the front suspension locked out. Could be fitted with a rear carrier and has gears that would almost allow it to climb a tree, if I had to choose just one bicycle that would be the one. I wouldn't want to take any of my other bikes through Thetford Forest....never mind Dalby.... Having said that, at this moment in time I am seriously.thinking I might sell them all and get a recumbent.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I had to reduce my cycle collection to one. I'd retain my Woodrup Chimera. Steel frame, belt drive, hub gears, 26" wheels. Does off road, touring, Audaxes, FNRttCs and utility rides without fuss and the need for adjustment of anything other than the front brake in 1500 miles.

Keith Oates

Janner
If I had to choose only one type it would be, as many above have said, a hard tail MTB. However to get rid of any of my roadies would break my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asterix

Comrade Member
If I had to reduce my cycle collection to one. I'd retain my Woodrup Chimera. Steel frame, belt drive, hub gears, 26" wheels. Does off road, touring, Audaxes, FNRttCs and utility rides without fuss and the need for adjustment of anything other than the front brake in 1500 miles.

I bought a belt drive, hub gear hybrid this year. It's very good as a town bike however the alu frame is too rigid, and the riding position not perfect for long distance. Very quick round town tho' and with a custom steel frame such a bike would be capable of a lot more IMO.

Milo

Guru
I only have one bike. Therefore it has to be something of an all rounder, hence a tourer. Would like to own a proper road bike again one day. Need to start saving though.

Honda 125 Vadaero (my current motorbike)

it's versatile, can cary a decent amount in bolt on luggage accessories and has enough power to get around (a bit more would be nice on longer trips or motorways etc)

or don't we count this?

Top Bottom