One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
The ex had wanted a new MX5, but a visit to the dealers revealed that I cant get in one unless the roof was down, so the Poxster S it was.
Nearly went for an MX5 when I was having my mid life crisis but there's just something about a Porsche, always wanted one since I was a kid 🙂
Treated myself for my 50th birthday 😉
Mines only a 2.5 , the 'S' has got a bit more about it 👍

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
It wasn't so much the lack of power when I had a 2.7, rather the 5 speed box had some peculiar ratios that could embarrass during an overtake. The S is a better car with a 6 speed, not necessarily because it has more power.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Some nice machine's spotted at my regular dream spot .

Cavalol

Guru
Nearly went for an MX5 when I was having my mid life crisis but there's just something about a Porsche, always wanted one since I was a kid 🙂
Treated myself for my 50th birthday 😉
Mines only a 2.5 , the 'S' has got a bit more about it 👍

MX5 (at least in very high mileage 1.6 Mk1 format) are an absolute scream to drive. Keep weighing up an older Boxster and it would certainly seem the 2.5 and 2.7 are the ones to have. A couple of bigger engines are (iirc) quite prone to very expensive trouble.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@biggs682 that stunning POA Aston is a classic case of 'if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it' ^_^

I've seen a Ford Consul before, but don't think I'd ever seen a Ford Consul Capri until today. Please excuse the idiot cameraman who managed to get one of his headphone cables in shot:blush:, but it does look nice from the back so I included it anyway. Nice old Rover too but I've already papped one of those so didn't bother again.
DXxxpqU.jpg

3DyBeP9.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
@biggs682 that stunning POA Aston is a classic case of 'if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it' ^_^

I've seen a Ford Consul before, but don't think I'd ever seen a Ford Consul Capri until today. Please excuse the idiot cameraman who managed to get one of his headphone cables in shot:blush:, but it does look nice from the back so I included it anyway. Nice old Rover too but I've already papped one of those so didn't bother again.
View attachment 488088
View attachment 488089
Early seventies I worked with a guy who had one. An Anglia wearing a medallion and a sock down it's pants.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

View attachment 488088
View attachment 488089

And a classic Transit parked in front of it too.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
MX5 (at least in very high mileage 1.6 Mk1 format) are an absolute scream to drive. Keep weighing up an older Boxster and it would certainly seem the 2.5 and 2.7 are the ones to have. A couple of bigger engines are (iirc) quite prone to very expensive trouble.
I know little about cars in all honesty but , as you say , I hear the larger engine later models are prone to IMS failure.

Top Bottom