One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Jaguar's take on the Ferrari 250 Breadvan wasn't very successful, was it :okay:

Linky: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_250_GT_SWB_Breadvan

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I think all the Delta Integrales were left hand drive. Have another from Donington Park in September
Lancia Delta HF Integrale (2).JPG

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
My Godfather owned one..... loved it when he used to visit..... the neighbours all thought we had come into some money 😁

Drago

Legendary Member
I think all the Delta Integrales were left hand drive. Have another from Donington Park in September
View attachment 492549
A smattering of the 8v were in RHD, converted professionally by the importer using genuine RHD Delta parts. However, it was fearfully expensive and only a dozen of so go the treatment.

Mine was LHD, which you quickly get used to. The honeymoon period was short lived, coming to a close when it failed an MOT so badly the list of failure points ran to a second side of A4. Silly stuff, but lots of it. They're hand grenades with thr pin already pulled.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
View attachment 146400
Vauxhall Viva Convertible 'G' registration (1968) - according to Wikipedia "very rare" :smile:
That’s really rather nice! Shame they never went into production.

Drago

Legendary Member
Thats lovely, quite an elegant design. MOT history shows it has only 22000 miles, and is doing about a thousand a year so I'm guessing it's a fair weather toy.

ukoldschool

And now we come to my personal top 3. Not that I would turn down any of the above, they are all amazing, but if I was flush with oil money and had to leave the show with 3, they'd be........drum roll please.......this Ferrari engine Lancia 037. Again I've never seen one in real life, and it doesn't disappoint,just wow:notworthy:
View attachment 472328

Sorry to ressurect an old post, but 037's did not have a Ferrari engine (that was sort of the Stratos, which used the engine from the Dino 246, which wasnt actually a Ferrari, but most owners put Ferrari badges on), they had a supercharged Lampredi designed 2.0 twin cam 4 pot.
The only Lancia to have an actual Ferrari engine was the Thema 8.32 which had a V8 based on the one from a 308 (but detuned, and mounted transversely)

:okay:

Top Bottom