One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks, yes I get about. Ah yes I know the one you mean, the lovely curvy red Ford^_^. Excellent knowledge by the way:okay:

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Thats lovely, quite an elegant design. MOT history shows it has only 22000 miles, and is doing about a thousand a year so I'm guessing it disintegrated with rust about 20 years ago and just recently been renovated
EFA ^_^

saw this in Tadcaster yesterday afternoon

I'll assume it's in private hands, as it was in a public car-park
Not the kind of place you normally see a hearse parked up?
(Crab Garth, by the bus station)

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
@Chris S good knowledge, I thought it was a bit exotic to be left like that in a grotty area of London, that explains it^_^.

And I've posted one before, but I do love the design, its such a cool looking car. And it looks good in white, although keeping it that clean over the coming months is going to be challenging. Jenson Interceptor.
View attachment 491950
And when its eventually scrapped, the boot would be great for growing tomatoes.^_^
View attachment 491951
When I was a teenager back in the 70`s I just loved this car, probably due to it being used in The Protectors with Nyree Dawn Porter and Robert Vaughn. I just loved it and still think it iconic. I was lucky enough to have a ride in one and all I can say that it held to the road like glue, which a lot of cars then perhaps did`nt at speed. I don`t ever recall seeing a white one. I have seen turquoise and maroon and red at the Haynes motor museum. Despite as a teenager saying that one day I would own one, I never did. At least they never rusted on the body being made from aluminium. I can still dream, thanks for sharing that photo. Incidentally they also made a four wheel drive version named the Intercepter FF (Ferguson Formula). It was easy to tell the difference because it had a double air intake on the front wing.

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
My favourite classic car spots over the lat week. Another immaculate E Type Jaguar.
y4yuscz.jpg

Irw8T85.jpg

Here's a better pic of the Triumph Vitesse in front of it.
qLn2t2p.jpg

A Mercedes 280 SE Convertible.
tokTJ2Z.jpg

yrWsb71.jpg

An excellent condition Porsche 928.
1D48GRr.jpg

And I guess from the reg plate that has this registered from 1974, that this is a replica, if it is its a good one. Love the huge lights, bet they cost a fortune these days. The SS Jaguar 100.
dfJuMuy.jpg

The SS brand of car stood for Swallow Sidecar hinting at the company's past. A certain Mr Hitler in WW2 gave the abbreviation 'SS' a much more sinister connotation, and was not the kind of branding you want on a post war British sports car. So in 1945 they changed the name to Jaguar. Wow I never knew that.

But my favourite, and a real discovery, and something I've never even heard of. This is just the sort of retro Italian styling I love, the design is by Bertone and rather than a screaming Italian engine, instead it has big burbling Ford 5.7 Litre V8. This one is from 1974, the last year the company made cars, unfortunately it was right after the OPEC oil crisis of 1973, which signalled the end of big gas guzzling cars like this,. As a result these are very rare. The colour is great too, so damn cool. :becool:. Behold, the Iso Rivolta Lele.
HCh06Pf.jpg

K3hACow.jpg

zZoGHiA.jpg

Note: the old Mercedes 180 parked in front of it is the same one I photographed on page 24.^_^

While looking up that I discovered Giotto Bizzarrini, who worked for Ferrari on their legendary 250 GTO. He left Ferrari to work for Iso. However Iso's owner Renzo Rivolta was more interested in making road cars, whereas Bizzarrini was more interested in racing, so he split with them and set up his own outfit, and went on to make this, the amazing looking Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada. I love the interior and exterior, in fact I think from the rear its one of the best looking designs from the golden era of car design for me, when cars looked fast and beautiful. Feast your eyes on this:
https://silodrome.com/bizzarrini-5300-gt/
At the end of that is a link to a cool short film about Luciano Rupolo who has some exotic cars, including another Iso, a stunning Ferrari 250 GTE, and for Porsche fans also tells the tale of his discovery, rebuild and eventual sale of Porsche #004 .

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My favourite classic car spots over the lat week. Another immaculate E Type Jaguar.
View attachment 493358
View attachment 493359
Here's a better pic of the Triumph Herald in front of it.
View attachment 493360
A Mercedes 280 SE Convertible.
View attachment 493361
View attachment 493362
An excellent condition Porsche 928.
View attachment 493363
And I guess from the reg plate that has this registered from 1974, that this is a replica, if it is its a good one. Love the huge lights, bet they cost a fortune these days. The SS Jaguar 100.
View attachment 493364
The SS brand of car stood for Swallow Sidecar hinting at the company's past. A certain Mr Hitler in WW2 gave the abbreviation 'SS' a much more sinister connotation, and was not the kind of branding you want on a post war British sports car. So in 1945 they changed the name to Jaguar. Wow I never knew that.

But my favourite, and a real discovery, and something I've never even heard of. This is just the sort of retro Italian styling I love, the design is by Bertone and rather than a screaming Italian engine, instead it has big burbling Ford 5.7 Litre V8. This one is from 1974, the last year the company made cars, unfortunately it was right after the OPEC oil crisis of 1973, which signalled the end of big gas guzzling cars like this,. As a result these are very rare. The colour is great too, so damn cool. :becool:. Behold, the Iso Rivolta Lele.
View attachment 493365
View attachment 493366
View attachment 493367
Note: the old Mercedes 180 parked in front of it is the same one I photographed on page 24.^_^

While looking up that I discovered Giotto Bizzarrini, who worked for Ferrari on their legendary 250 GTO. He left Ferrari to work for Iso. However Iso's owner Renzo Rivolta was more interested in making road cars, whereas Bizzarrini was more interested in racing, so he split with them and set up his own outfit, and went on to make this, the amazing looking Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada. I love the interior and exterior, in fact I think from the rear its one of the best looking designs from the golden era of car design for me, when cars looked fast and beautiful. Feast your eyes on this:
https://silodrome.com/bizzarrini-5300-gt/
At the end of that is a link to a cool short film about Luciano Rupolo who has some exotic cars, including another Iso, a stunning Ferrari 250 GTE, and for Porsche fans also tells the tale of his discovery, rebuild and eventual sale of Porsche #004 .
Err that Herald is a Vitesse (twin headlights)

Of course, not strictly on the classic cars theme, but this is what I mean... ^_^ You can feel your bones turning to jelly - the noise is just something else... (I just plucked a random pic from 2004 out of my archive)

img_2376.jpg

On route to Bordeaux, no surprise that not one original among them, still a few bobs worth and a very nervous tractor unit driver. Three Kirkhams, two Pilgrims, and a Dax Tojeiro. Old time version of transporting similar products thrown in for light relief.
A BRA 289 in front of a very real and very rare Bentley, the Bentley was on a 4,000km tour of the nicer bits of Europe.

Attachments

• TransportsES.jpg
    TransportsES.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 12
  • TransportsES1.jpg
    TransportsES1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 15
  • TransportsES2.jpg
    TransportsES2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 14
  • TransportsES3.jpg
    TransportsES3.jpg