One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seen from Aberford Road, on my commute to work this morning
Parked at Stanley Hall

MarkF

Guru
Seen from Aberford Road, on my commute to work this morning
Parked at Stanley Hall

View attachment 514052
Good grief, that is a horible colour to inflict on such a lovely car.

I saw a Lada today, the box/Fiat clone one, I'd forgotten all about them, they were all over the place when I was younger, often as taxis, now it must be years since I last saw another. I'd have thought they'd be classics by now with top retro appeal, where did they all go?

Daughters b/f has got a new car...
Well. not new, it's a lot older than he is!!
An odd car, in a way, for a 20 year old......

In fact, twice his age, as it's a late 1978 registration

Adaptors (or replacement hubs). as MGs of that age were on alloys
It's been re-trimmed, as it's got black leather (or leather-cloth) not the stripy velour
Apparantly, it's been resprayed too, as it was orange

Sorry, not the best of images

Good grief, that is a horible colour to inflict on such a lovely car.

I saw a Lada today, the box/Fiat clone one, I'd forgotten all about them, they were all over the place when I was younger, often as taxis, now it must be years since I last saw another. I'd have thought they'd be classics by now with top retro appeal, where did they all go?

I remember them very well, based on the Fiat 124
I quite fancy the 1500 estate, or the 1600ES saloon

Last edited:
Watching 'Apex' at the mo, just finished the Juan Fangio story.
Apex is a bit dull, its about hypercars, of which the narrator at the start boldly claims, "Hypercars are beyond art". What the hell that means i have no idea :blink:

Jenson-Healey

It's been at a local garage, for a lot of years, but always blocked in by customers cars (even on a weekend)
And the modified Discovery too

https://wbmotors.wixsite.com/garageservices
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/363084

Strictly (legally) speaking, I doubt the tyres on the Discovery aren't road-legal for it. due to lower speed-ratings, that the vehicles maximum?

In the past, I've seen a different J-H there, &a Lancia Monte-Carlo!

Cavalol

Guru
I'd love a Moscovitch, or better still a 2T Wartburg. Still, for a short time at least, one Russian car is under my wing...

Apologies if I've put this on before, my memory is terrible. I had an XJ-S V12 (3mpg in moving slow traffic!) but didn't use it, so did a deal with this. It's erm 'entertaining' to drive (heavy steering, dire brakes) but equally great fun and has (so far) only attracted nice comments from people who stop and talk about it. They were never considered as the greatest cars in the world, but were actually pretty rugged and not as bad as some people would have you believe.
This one has been fitted with a fuel injection system from a slightly later Lada (Niva 4x4, irrc) which helped with reliability and driveability, and has only done 20,900 miles from new. For those who subscribe to the brilliant 'Hubnut' channel on YouTube, Ian did a comprehensive test drive of this car when the former keeper had it, said former keeper having invested a great deal of time and money into the car.

Anyhow, it's been fun but will be off to pastures new if it sells on eBay (or elsewhere) as I'm trying co concentrate on collecting mopeds, scooters and motorbikes now. It's easier to store them and they can be SORNED when not in use as they're in storage. Can't deny it's been great fun owning and driving this in the short time I have.

( @Richard A Thackeray as requested)

Cavalol

Guru
/\

I believe that fella suffered a flood at his premises, which got to a few cars. Must have been gutting as he has lots of nice motors.

Here you go then, I noticed this the other day as I was looking for a MK1 Rover 75 to pootle about in. Gorgeous colour scheme.:wub:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moskvich...675418?hash=item3b43175e5a:g:4w8AAOSwiN1dCOlb

View attachment 516092

Substantially drier there, than it was in February
I was parked on that road (to old bridge) & the Aire was level with the bank tops

Dropping down (where the sign is), you were lower than the water:eek:
Saturday 22nd February
By Tues 25th, the town had a foot to 18" of water in it

And, the garage in question

Top Bottom