One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spotted on arrival at work yesterday
Staff car-park too!!

Rose between two thorns

Cavalol

Guru
Those Mk1 Cortinas are a thing of beauty, had a 1200 Deluxe 2 door, pre-airflow in about 1984. It was the early one with 'Consul' on the bonnet, bloody tidy too.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Those Mk1 Cortinas are a thing of beauty, had a 1200 Deluxe 2 door, pre-airflow in about 1984. It was the early one with 'Consul' on the bonnet, bloody tidy too.
Circa 1976 I brought a 1600DL from a scrapyard for £30, bodily great, it's got some electrical issues the guy said.
It drove like a dream compared to my former car, I think the Cortina was my second car, and I thought all was well...until the first evening I was driving and turned on the headlights.....and the engine cut out. Turn the lights off..and the engine would kick back into life. So, it was a daytime driver only. Shame, I didnt keep it long but that was the ONLY Ford I ever enjoyed owning.

Spotted on arrival at work yesterday
Staff car-park too!!

Rose between two thorns

View attachment 519302
Lovely, split screen as well. I had a 1960 one
9288 EL :okay:

Cavalol

Guru
Did use to like the old Fords, had every 'Mk' of Cortina except the Mk2, couldn't afford one now. Even Mk3 Capris have gone through the roof, sold a dog rough 3.0S manual in about 1986 for about £300, iirc. Be worth ridiculous money now!

Top Bottom