One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ever seen one of these? Dacia Denem from early 80s
A former workmate is currently having his UR Quattro rebuilt. Very jealous, it will be awesome. Bodywork is done, electrics going back in (I have never seen so many cables in my life). Engine away for rebuild - getting a replacement cylinder head was a bit of an issue, apparently!

View attachment 533362
I love Quattros in that colour!

Saw this yank tank in Brixworth this morning .

View attachment 534294

I think it was a Mercury Marauder and I hate yank tanks.
Don't know which is worse. The bike or the car.

MarkF

Guru
I am still looking for a Rover 75 for fun but values are all over the place, the MK1 is a guaranteed classic particularly in connoisseur spec but there are a lot of dogs out there. Plenty of Mk2's for my budget but their bumpers turned an achingly pretty car into a Wartburg or summat. I like this one a right in your face colour combination with the V6 2.5L engine.:okay: It's a long way to view and it's 3 belts are overdue so that adds £700+:sad:

I gave my Focus away to young kid at work last weekend so gave up and bought a Honda FR-V on Ebay Sunday night, just to give me transport and to save the MX5 from BD9 drivers. Bob's your uncle, a gold MK1 2 owner with recent clutch pops up Monday on Gumtree.....in Leeds.:cursing: Still, I had an auto on my mind but I think I will go have a look anyway. I've become obsessed with them lately.:wacko:

Rover-75-1999-1600-09.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I want a 2.5 V6 engine to put in my GTM, not been done before so it's the logical step for me :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

I can’t feel the love for the 75, not my cup of tea.
Father in Law had 2 of them, 2.5L V6 & later a 2.0L V6 both automatics, they suited him perfectly, old man who played golf, who like to have a hat/cap on the back parcel shelf that he never wore.

MarkF

Guru
Father in Law had 2 of them, 2.5L V6 & later a 2.0L V6 both automatics, they suited him perfectly, old man who played golf, who like to have a hat/cap on the back parcel shelf that he never wore.

Ha! I looked at one in Wakefield, BRG, that had a hat on the rear shelf.

My problem is that Mk1's are on the cusp of a real rise, I've had enough oddball cars to know what is happening. Belts £700, clutch about the same, big sums for cheap cars, so they get scrapped & owner buys another. Then, there aren't enough cars for those that want them, seen it happen with my Volvo's, 2CV, Jeep Cherokee & now Mk1 MX5.

When I've seen good low owner cars l've quickly sent questions only to find they are sold before l get answers.

D

Deleted member 26715

I was looking to buy one a couple of years ago, only wanted the engine & there were loads £300-£400 but not that many now & price is £800+

I am still looking for a Rover 75 for fun but values are all over the place, the MK1 is a guaranteed classic particularly in connoisseur spec but there are a lot of dogs out there. Plenty of Mk2's for my budget but their bumpers turned an achingly pretty car into a Wartburg or summat. I like this one a right in your face colour combination with the V6 2.5L engine.:okay: It's a long way to view and it's 3 belts are overdue so that adds £700+:sad:

I gave my Focus away to young kid at work last weekend so gave up and bought a Honda FR-V on Ebay Sunday night, just to give me transport and to save the MX5 from BD9 drivers. Bob's your uncle, a gold MK1 2 owner with recent clutch pops up Monday on Gumtree.....in Leeds.:cursing: Still, I had an auto on my mind but I think I will go have a look anyway. I've become obsessed with them lately.:wacko:

Rover-75-1999-1600-09.jpg
Now here's a rare Rover! P6 estate, must have been designed down the pub after six pints :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Not sure I have ever seem one of those before

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I'm drinking what you are drinking :cheers:

Top Bottom