One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Mam Tor
A625 (as was.......)
Derbyshire

It sounded good!!:okay:
View attachment 533033

Seen from the other side, to where we were; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2828220

A former workmate is currently having his UR Quattro rebuilt. Very jealous, it will be awesome. Bodywork is done, electrics going back in (I have never seen so many cables in my life). Engine away for rebuild - getting a replacement cylinder head was a bit of an issue, apparently!

If anyone fancies a project ...........

View attachment 533358

And, in Whitby yesterday morning, I heard the 'farty' exhaust
Then this pulled into the (railway) station car-park
Purists may look in horror, but it's definately a daily-driver, used in all weathers (particularly coastal!!)

Mechanically cared for, with a good interior
:okay::okay:

MarkF

Guru
And, in Whitby yesterday morning, I heard the 'farty' exhaust
Then this pulled into the (railway) station car-park
Purists may look in horror, but it's definately a daily-driver, used in all weathers (particularly coastal!!)

View attachment 533692

Mechanically cared for, with a good interior
:okay::okay:

More importantly, were the toilets open, they weren't 3 weeks ago.:smile: That car looks bang on to me, it's not is if I like rusty heaps but that patina looks absolutely great. I was given a 1966 Minor for my 21st, I didn't want it, neglected it and eventually gave it away for nothing, just to get rid of it (I was young and it was the 80's:rolleyes:), boy do I regret that now. I've recently noticed a superb restored Minor locally with a very young driver, bright red, minilite wheels, bit of a"rod" look, I'll get a pic up next time I see it.:okay:

More importantly, were the toilets open, they weren't 3 weeks ago.:smile: That car looks bang on to me, it's not is if I like rusty heaps but that patina looks absolutely great. I was given a 1966 Minor for my 21st, I didn't want it, neglected it and eventually gave it away for nothing, just to get rid of it (I was young and it was the 80's:rolleyes:), boy do I regret that now. I've recently noticed a superb restored Minor locally with a very young driver, bright red, minilite wheels, bit of a"rod" look, I'll get a pic up next time I see it.:okay:

Mark, if you mean the pay-toilets opposite the Station (Bagdale, New Quay Road r/bout)
Yes they were, & a queue too

Gunk

Guru
Just before I finished work a customer brought in a car for partex against a Fiat 500!!!!!!!

I had either never heard of it or forgot about it but when you read how powerful it and for it's day luxurious, you just couldn't imagine he would have been very happy with a 500!!

It was a Mazda Cosmo

View attachment 533839

That is an oddity, it has a Wankel engine, they were available in two states of tune, that looks like the milder version.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Random classic parked up in Felixstowe this afternoon - a 1937 Ford Model 78
View attachment 533996 View attachment 533997
There's also a '60s Ford Galaxie Coupe that's regularly used in good weather around here that I'm waiting to find unoccupied for photos.
Gawd that's Ugly.xx(

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A strange sight earlier today. An open-topped car towing a largish home-made open trailer. The car was not a Ford Model A, but the style was of a pre-WW1 vehicle.

Top Bottom