One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sywell aerodrome

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Anyone know what this is ? I thought it was a classic Aston Martin but I think it might be a kit car. It was very pretty all the same

Wednesday 9th June

I spotted this, in my mirror, on NorthGate, this morning

An Austin 1800/2200 Van!!!
To my knowledge, they never produced that variant, but a 'Ute' was made for the Australian market, so one of those was probably converted??

NorthGate ('Charlie Browns roundabout') heading onto Marsh Way
Wakefield

Apologies for blurriness

AA197232093_10223702372139599_9086633805504419072_n.jpg

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/cla...n-8th-november/1970-austin-1800-utepanel-van/

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Spotted this on my travels at the weekend.
View attachment 593007
Oooh yes :smile::okay::smile::okay::smile:

Mk 1 Facelift, mine was Le Mans green with a black vinyl roof.

I often wonder if the shytebag who nicked it and left it dumped and needing a new engine after thrashing it ever did die a slow and very painful death?

One can only hope.

Cavalol

Guru
Wednesday 9th June

I spotted this, in my mirror, on NorthGate, this morning

An Austin 1800/2200 Van!!!
To my knowledge, they never produced that variant, but a 'Ute' was made for the Australian market, so one of those was probably converted??

NorthGate ('Charlie Browns roundabout') heading onto Marsh Way
Wakefield

Apologies for blurriness

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/cla...n-8th-november/1970-austin-1800-utepanel-van/

Lovely that, though those wheels are an acquired taste.

CharlesF

Guru
I can’t understand how anyone can forget that they own TWO concourse ‘60s Alfas.

From Classic Cars August 21:

Both Alfas left roofless
A pair of desirable Sixties Alfas has been rescued from shared lodgings that became less suitable for car storage when a tree branch fell through the roof. The 1960 Giulietta SS had been a concours winner in the Nineties but around 1998 the owner parked it up when his business commitments caused him to travel a lot more.

His 1967 Spider Duetto 1600 was laid up at the same time, and this car too had been a concours winner many times over since the owner acquired it in 1988. So what happened? It seems the cars fell into the trap of being ‘out of sight, out of mind’, and were assumed to be safely tucked away under cover. When the branch detached itself and made a hole in the roof, the event went undiscovered for many years. By which time the damage was done, especially to the Duetto, which has very little hood fabric left and a heavily foxed interior.

After being consigned to Historics’ Ascot Racecourse sale in May, both fetched healthy sums: £35,092 for the Duetto and £78,400 for the Giulietta SS.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
No photo, I was driving and this thing passed going the other way:-
From the front it looked a bit like a Lotus 7 kind of thing. But only one rear wheel. Low, plastic bodied, black, with a vaguely Batman style of logo in yellow on the nose. It looked quite fast, reminiscent of a three-wheeled batmobile.
Any ideas?

figbat

Slippery scientist
No photo, I was driving and this thing passed going the other way:-
From the front it looked a bit like a Lotus 7 kind of thing. But only one rear wheel. Low, plastic bodied, black, with a vaguely Batman style of logo in yellow on the nose. It looked quite fast, reminiscent of a three-wheeled batmobile.
Any ideas?
Sounds like a Grinnall Scorpion?

Top Bottom