one for the cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
That sort of thing happens round my way as well. There are a lot of cycle paths but most of them channel you in a direction I do not want to go, or are shared with broken glass, toddlers, kids on scooters, dogs, joggers with IPODs and other similar hazards.

Nice result that your Mr Angrypants got his comeuppance !!

Bicycle

two nights ago I was riding to work ....:bicycle:

That's a nice story and the sort of thing that many imagine in idle moments of daydreaming, but never really believe will happen.

It is fortifying to hear that it happened.

Five House Points for the police officers.

CamPhil

I'm surprised the policeman didn't trot out s59 of the Police Reform Act.
It seems a perfect fit for the circumstances.

59 Vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance
(1)Where a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used on any occasion in a manner which—
(a)contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and
(b)is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public,
he shall have the powers set out in subsection (3).
(2)A constable in uniform shall also have the powers set out in subsection (3) where he has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle has been used on any occasion in a manner falling within subsection (1).
(3)Those powers are—
(a)power, if the motor vehicle is moving, to order the person driving it to stop the vehicle;
(b)power to seize and remove the motor vehicle;
(c)power, for the purposes of exercising a power falling within paragraph (a) or (b), to enter any premises on which he has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be;
(d)power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power conferred by any of paragraphs to (a) to (c).

Top Bottom