One hot day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru

So that’s why they want HS2 now it becomes clear. In the mean time we can always send it via woodhead.... oh :scratch:

postman

Legendary Member
This sodding heat,is doing my head in.When i was three i had a serious back injury.To cure it they put a glass rod in my spine.It was then topped up with mercury.This week i was 14' 9" then on the cold snap 4' 11".

gbb

Legendary Member
Work for the most part was great, workshops are set at 18C, packhouse at 13, fruit stores at 6 or 2. It looks weird when you see people go out into the yard, its 30 plus and they've got jumpers and light jackets on.
We have some of the most modern refrigeration plant in the country, it's hardly working hard to maintain temps anywhere on site....but....its only specced to work in ambient temps of 34c....yesterday it all tripped out, discharge temps too high, comps couldn't cool down. We had to turn them off for an hour to cool down enough.

classic33

Leg End Member
Work for the most part was great, workshops are set at 18C, packhouse at 13, fruit stores at 6 or 2. It looks weird when you see people go out into the yard, its 30 plus and they've got jumpers and light jackets on.
We have some of the most modern refrigeration plant in the country, it's hardly working hard to maintain temps anywhere on site....but....its only specced to work in ambient temps of 34c....yesterday it all tripped out, discharge temps too high, comps couldn't cool down. We had to turn them off for an hour to cool down enough.
Turn a fridge, designed to keep things cool/cold, off to allow it to cool down?

DRM

Guru
Where I was working yesterday it was lovely and cool in the refrigerated factory, outside in the yard it hit 43 deg C, admittedly it was a sun trap, but just wow, it’s Cleveland for God’s sake :eek:

Top Bottom