One hot day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Where I was working yesterday it was lovely and cool in the refrigerated factory, outside in the yard it hit 43 deg C, admittedly it was a sun trap, but just wow, it’s Cleveland for God’s sake :eek:
The next one is supposed to be warmer.

gbb

Legendary Member
Turn a fridge, designed to keep things cool/cold, off to allow it to cool down?
Yeah I maybe didnt explain it very well. Massive building, all the refrigeration is generated at the plant room with compressors outside, refrigerant is then pumped around d the building to local chillers (theres maybe 30 of them, each the size of a car).
The compressor motors (3 of them) are massive and have to rely on their own fans to keep cool, the compressor itself and motor are outside...baking in the sun. Motors are struggling to keep cool, the compressor discharge temps go up because of the high ambient heat...so the whole system shuts down.
I believe just the refrigeration system cost IRO £2 million, it could have been designed to cope with temps in excess of 34 c...but add cost, maybe another £ million ?

The company that maintain the equipment have 7 engineers in the UK. They're not always working of course but every single one was swamped with calls from almost all of their customers with plants struggling and shutting down with the temps, we were their best problem, most plants cant cope with 30 degrees, at least ours is specced at 34.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Gents...The quickest way to reduce your body temperature by 10%, is to stick your genitals in the freezer......and it's the quickest way to get a lifetime ban from
Tesco's :giggle:
Freezer section broken in the local Tesco's.

Drago

Legendary Member
There was an article in the Mail a couple of days ago urging ladies not to insert ice lollies into their lady bits. Straight up, I couldn't believe it.

Milzy

Guru
There was an article in the Mail a couple of days ago urging ladies not to insert ice lollies into their lady bits. Straight up, I couldn't believe it.
This was all over Facebook. What about ice cubes?
Anyway I’ve forgotten what I was going to say. Ohh yeah rain for the next two weeks. That’s me on Zwift then.

classic33

Leg End Member
This was all over Facebook. What about ice cubes?
Anyway I’ve forgotten what I was going to say. Ohh yeah rain for the next two weeks. That’s me on Zwift then.
You been listening to those met office folk again!

A few light showers, that's all.

Top Bottom