One of the stranger things I have seen people do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...out on my loop today I saw a middle aged lady up on a step ladder on the verge about 50 metres from her posh house in Blackmore...hoovering the leaves off the tree:ohmy::wacko:

...I put it down to to much time, money and possibly alcohol.;)

was it an evergreen?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...out on my loop today I saw a middle aged lady up on a step ladder on the verge about 50 metres from her posh house in Blackmore...hoovering the leaves off the tree:ohmy::wacko:

...I put it down to to much time, money and possibly alcohol.;)

I suppose that depends on how much you had drunk:evil:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
She may as well chop the tree down. And then concrete over the grass, too. Terribly messy, this nature stuff! Bet her and her hubby have fun in the sack! (I say darling, I know you like to put it in there, but can't we desist with this sort of thing now that we've done the 'having children' thing?)

walker

bump

gbb

Legendary Member
Strange things people do .....

Another true and actually very sad story..i felt for the guy :smile:

I was standing outside my old employers factory some years ago. Dead opposite is the Hotpoint factory, with its gates and entrances.
I saw this guy striding VERY purposefully toward the gate...ah, hes going to work, i thought.
As he neared the gates..he suddenly stopped dead, turned tail and ran back where he came from....;) Ooer i thought.

I watched him....he did this three or four times :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy: The last time, he almost launched himself through the gates.

He must have been in turmoil the poor guy...psyching himself up to go to work....or maybe an interview.

Jeesus, we all got difficulties in life...this guy seemed in real difficulties :biggrin:

yenrod

Any chance Magg' ???????????????

User76 said:
This is an absolutely true story.

When I was in the Army, we were being bought back as a regiment, from Osnabruck to Aldershot to be re-deployed as part of a different Brigade. As a farewell parade is always a good idea so the Brigadier was invited. The day of the parade came, about this time of year, and we were all out bright and early in our overalls getting the barracks ship-shape. This included a team picking up each and every leaf that had fallen onto the parade square and the surrounds, these were deposited in bin bags round the back of the gym.

We were duly inspected, and, as the Brigadier was taken into the Sgts Mess for drinks he said, quite innocently "Blimey, it's autumn and theres no leaves"

He was due out after drinks and some lunch, and was to be transported from the camp on a gun carriage. By the time he came back out, the ground was festooned with leaves as we had spent the last 1/2 hour rushing back and forwards re-distributing the leaves from behind the gym:biggrin: His face was an absolute picture, the previously sparkling honour guard now had leaves stuck in their belts, puttees had leaves stuck to them like limpets, the previously completely bare parade square was covered in leaves, it was by far the most hilarious episode of my Army career (except the Browning .50 incident);)

rustychisel

Nice story that, Maggot, bet you really had to be cajoled into telling that one.;)

Back in 'the war' they tried a number ideas to up-gun RAF squadrons, the general idea being to swap .30 for .50 machine guns. Some nerk was even trying to bolt Oerlikons into the rear turret assembly of a Lancaster. Few of them came to anything because of the massive amount of design and engineering which would make the airframe anything like strong/rigid enough. It argues that one of the few good things the Yanks had going for their Fortresses and B24s etc was the huge amount of firepower they could bolt onto what was obviously a massively over-engineered airframe. (Bear in mind a Flying Fortress carried up to 16 .50 Brownings).

Anyway, my neighbour has been spotted on the 'nature strip' outisde his house, halfway up the tree hoovering stray leaves. Nice enough chap; we don't have much in common.

Pete

Please please PLEASE can someone explain the leaf blower thing to me? We often have one working its way around the car park blowing the leaves into a ragged pile around the bike racks...

Top Bottom