One of the worst SMIDSY's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've been having a pretty good run recently and not been getting much bad driving towards me (touch wood).

But the following was just crazy, the rate she pulled out at and the slowness of her moving away. This meant i was braking very hard to not have a collision and due to that hard braking my rear wheel lost traction and locked up (due to weight shift), which is why my speedo reads 0mph for some time.

Her expression and response afterwards pretty much wraps it up.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4K9zdbj8QA[/media]

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Just watched it about 15mins ago mate. Stupid stupid driver is all.

Evilcat

Complete lack of awareness, in all senses. Shouldn't be on the road...

EC

PS. Incidentally, how do you do the speed indicator on your videos?

BSRU

A Human Being
That was, as posted earlier, "couldn't give a shoot mate", she was puling out and you can go and swivel attitude.

Her expression reminded me of the old Dime bar adverts with Harry Enfield as Tim Nice But Dim.

potsy

Rambler
That's the most gormless expression I've seen for a long while,even one of Magnatom's talks would have had no effect on her
huh.gif

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Is it wrong that her face made me laugh?

New campaign - Stop CGASM!

Jezston

Über Member
I wonder if she would have given a shoot if you'd gone into the back of her.

Although, it doesn't LOOK that close, but then that may be the camera if you are saying you had to brake hard.

If someone had done something that dangerous and acted like they didn't give a shoot when confronted, that would have really gotten me angry. I might start thinking along the lines of "well if you don't give a shoot about putting my life in danger, then why should I give a shoot about putting your life in danger?", then chuck a live hand grenade in their back seat.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you've done this sort of braking yourself and seen it on your own videos, then it's pretty obvious just how hard Gaz braked. It might be hard to see otherwise, admittedly.

potsy

Rambler
I wonder if she would have given a shoot if you'd gone into the back of her.

Although, it doesn't LOOK that close, but then that may be the camera if you are saying you had to brake hard.

If someone had done something that dangerous and acted like they didn't give a shoot when confronted, that would have really gotten me angry. I might start thinking along the lines of "well if you don't give a shoot about putting my life in danger, then why should I give a shoot about putting your life in danger?", then chuck a live hand grenade in their back seat.

Where do you get your grenades from Jez? Can't find them on wiggle :tongue:

Ste T.

Guru
Dont type in "where do you get your grenades?" That'll be you flagged up on at GCHQ .......oh shoot, that'll be me too!

Jezston

Über Member

Ooh!

Those airsoft hand grenades would be just the ticket! Basically, they have a little banger inside them, which is replaceable. Chuck one of them in someones car and they see a hand grenade, and they hear it hissing. And then it goes bang, and they shoot their pants. And possibly also receive permanent hearing damage as those things are f*cking loud in an enclosed space.

If you could get something that just hisses that would have been awesome to see in that incident. Watch them suddenly scrambling around before running off and taking cover and waiting in a panicked state. And waiting. Before eventually really kicks back in and the penny drops. And then they find themselved paying a lot more attention to cyclists in the future.

Top Bottom