One pannier. Which side?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Right side, encourages more room.

I saw a moton comment recently, complaining about cyclists having panniers on the right because it made them harder to overtake. Wow, stunning ignorance!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cunobelin said:
You are all sick people.... single pannierism is an abberation, and should not be allowed.

I think you'll have to take it back, assuming you consider a tailbox to be a pannier!

3878648578_ec9e964175.jpg

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
hillrep said:
On the right, to make my bike look wider.

(I'll let you in on a secret....that is because it is wider.....:wacko:)

monnet

Guru
Another for the right. As others have said - it gives a bit more width to encourage better overtaking. As Tynan said (and I can testify as true) it protects the rear mech if you let the thing fall over/ come off. Who cares about the contents of the pannier so long as the bike is ok?

Domestique

Über Member
Kerbside. I was knocked off my bike just before New Years Eve, the car that knocked me over came out from a side road on my left. I had a full panneir bag on that side and I am convinced it acted as a cushion for me. If it hadnt been there then the car would most likely have made contact with my leg.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Tynan said:
right for width and to protect the mech if sir should drop the bloody bike

Me too

BentMikey said:
I saw a moton comment recently, complaining about cyclists having panniers on the right because it made them harder to overtake. Wow, stunning ignorance!!

I saw that comment too...!!!

Domestique said:
I had a full panneir bag on that side and I am convinced it acted as a cushion for me. If it hadnt been there then the car would most likely have made contact with my leg.

I have made contact with a car (doing a U turn in the road to escape the police) in which the pannier took most of the force of the car and it only glanced against my leg - so I think that is true - that it can act as a cushion.

The drive side because I hang one of my lights off it and want drivers to miss me.
I saw that, shame they thought hitting their legs was ok...panniers are rarely thinner than legsbums.

Top Bottom