One pannier. Which side?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right side for me for all the reasons already given especialy at night when a light is fitted and shows where the outer edge of the bike is.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Cunobelin said:
Too much time....So few panniers?

Your views on single panniers are well known, put how do you feel about mismatched panniers? Sometimes I team a dhb lime green 'sack' pannier (for spare or dirty clothes/cake/ice skates) with an Ortlieb Office 2 (for laptop and other 'puter gubbins). I like to think of this as the rack equivalent of the mullet. Party on the left, business on the right. Yeaaaah!

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Just for a giggle...here is the score so far...

Lefties 11

Righties 19

TAS 7 ;)

Oh well, this is CC. One must always expect a big turnout from TAS*

* NB: TAS= Totally Awkward Squad:biggrin:

Bollo said:
Your views on single panniers are well known, put how do you feel about mismatched panniers? Sometimes I team a dhb lime green 'sack' pannier (for spare or dirty clothes/cake/ice skates) with an Ortlieb Office 2 (for laptop and other 'puter gubbins). I like to think of this as the rack equivalent of the mullet. Party on the left, business on the right. Yeaaaah!

That's not as bad - some balance and symmetry is maintained. There is also some hope of developing into a respectable matching pannierist.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Right side, for width, mech protection and it just feels more natural to me.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I forgot that I don't actually own any panniers currently - the closest is a Carradice saddlebag, a rather large long flap camper on my ass hatchet. It sits in the middle of course:

P3230003.JPG

Another reason for hanging to the left is the silly anti-motorbike gates on the cycle route half way to work, they are aligned so that I can ride around them if my panner is on the nearside - if on the offside I just can't make it through without catching on the railings

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
BentMikey said:
I forgot that I don't actually own any panniers currently - the closest is a Carradice saddlebag, a rather large long flap camper on my ass hatchet. It sits in the middle of course:

P3230003.JPG

Yes, you are TAS...

Next..?

tordis

Right side for me. Reason is simple: when I leave my bike in the bike shed, the right side is easier to access.

Top Bottom