One sided panier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-Zero

Über Member
Right side for me too.

wisdom

Guru
More often than not I use just the one usually on the right side find it more than adequate for my needs its an Altura if I need more space I just clip on the other one.
Never had a handling problem with just the one.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I always used to use the pannier on the right hand side. The only reason for this was that the bike would topple off it's side stand if the pannier was on the left. It had the added advantage of making you appear wider to following traffic and also the reflectors were on the offside. I used a cheap 'Pedal Pro' pannier when I was at work. Only £9.99 off eBay and it lasted through three years of commuting without falling apart.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mostly one pannier for me, always on the right side.
The set that will be on sale in Aldi from tomorrow at £ 14.99 (I think) is perfectly adequate, you can fit either one on your rack, or both.
They come with a rain cover that is in an underneath zip pocket.

Ortlieb Red for us, on the right side if only one, o on right and left if carrying 2 :smile: Hi to Cuno btw!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have recently moved in to a new bike shed and chose a spot where the single pannier was up against the wall. This was noticeably awkward. I rode into work earlier this week and blow me, I realised I wasn't struggling to get in to the pannier, it had swapped sides. I guess it doesn't matter which side it is on.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I've never noticed any difference in passing room given by drivers.
I did once notice a difference, after someone gave me a close pass on the approach to a closed level crossing: "Well yes, your bike is really wide with those panniers on it"

Difference being that the excuse was more pathetic and fallacious than usual!

Top Bottom