One thing I found out this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
It's amazing how quickly you can stop from 40 mph when rounding a corner to be confronted with the back of a double decker!

On the plus note I managed to avoid hiting it however my new bib tights may need a wash (or an incinerator) and the new 105 calipers and Aztec blocks worked wonders! Am very impressed

Was a lovely commute though

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
A wise man once told me. "You may know the road but do you know what is around the corner?"

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
It was a longish corner but really shallow and downhill with a hedge on the side blocking my view. I was pedaling like a man posessed too! Lol.

Was a lovely ride in though, and very uneventful except the brown trouser moment!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Did this also at the weekend, going down a steep hill at full tilt ............ corner looks ok ........... OH S**T ................... managed to grab the brakes and pull into a parking space before I reached the transit van coming the otherway up the only part of the skinny road to have cars blocking one side of it :sweat:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Fridge Theory. Always imagine a fridge has fallen off the back of a lorry just around the corner.

Always cycle so as to be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

avsd

Guru
A wise man once told me. "You may know the road but do you know what is around the corner?"
Being an unwise man going round a blind corner costed me 2-3 months off the bike and Mycyclelog target for 2012:angry: Dislocated collarbone as I hit another cyclist coming the other direction on a cycle path. I had 105 brakes and was doing 15-20mph when I had the accident but obviously poorer reaction times. Be wise and be sate :thumbsup:

avsd

Guru
PS - The other cyclist was OK just a little shaken up and stayed with me until International Rescue arrived. ^_^

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Always cycle so as to be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

I had an ambulance pull out on me this morning suddenly,he jumped the red but he had his lights on but no siren,so I don't think your comment is always possible...I managed to dodge not brake.

Checking camera footage,second time that has happened with an ambulance there.

subaqua

What’s the point
I had an ambulance pull out on me this morning suddenly,he jumped the red but he had his lights on but no siren,so I don't think your comment is always possible...I managed to dodge not brake.

if it had happened once to me "there" i would have been treating "there" with caution

There is a difference between going round a blind bend too fast when you don't know what is round the bend and having someone pull out in front of you. Mind you I agree with subaqua's comment if it has happened twice.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
if it had happened once to me "there" i would have been treating "there" with caution

One before since 1990 when I first started using the route to commute,although the second time in about two years,the last was on a bank holiday oddly enough...and it's on utube.

Dont think I can be expect silent red light jumping ambulances all the time.

Christ,it's so easy to be perfect on here.

View: http://youtu.be/JRRpKUjblm8

The original incident footage.doesn't work for me at the moment.

Although it doesn't seem to work I found out it happened on 30 Aug 2010 which makes me a bad cyclist as I didn't look out for a red light jumping ambulance with no sirens almost two years later.

Top Bottom