Online Cycling 'Test'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Bahahahaha, I got 56 out of 99!!! To be fair, we have vastly different laws, road signs, and no special stop boxes here so I failed pretty much all of the legal stuff and some of the stuff I figured would be common sense is supppsedly incorrect- apparently we are much stricter and you guys have some weird laws/suggestions...?

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
1st question has the wrong answer, it goes downhill from there
I just used one of work's test mail addresses to login, so let's see:

1 - incorrectly recommends dismounting to cycle through parks and what's "play attention" anyway?
2 - none of the items are essential.
3 - ignores both the law and Highway Code rule 147.
4 - at least two of the answers seem valid.
5 - again ignores rule 147.
6 - seems to advocate an immediate stop in an unsafe place to address a minor mechanical problem.
7 - debatable.
8 - at least two of the answers seem valid.
9 - debatable.
10 - the first correct answer!

I give up. Anyone getting full marks on that test should go do some cycle training.

D

Deleted member 26715

1 - incorrectly recommends dismounting to cycle through parks and what's "play attention" anyway?
Randomising questions then, dismounting was not a option for my first question

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh I can't help it. I'm like a comedy moth to flame at this hilarity:

11 - "you must not ride at all" if your tyre is underinflated (not flat) - :banghead:
12 - "The higher you place locks on your bicycle, the more resistant they are to a bolt cropper attack that will try to use the ground as an anchor point for leverage" - yeah, but the less resistant they are to yank and jack attacks that will try to use the bike wheels against the parking stand as an anchor point, as well as giving them a clearer shot for the famous fire extinguisher attack without damaging the bike.
13 - the next correct answer.
14 - more than one valid answer IMO.
15 - correct.
16 - no correct answer.
17 - no correct answer.
18 - at least two of the answers seem valid.
19 - at least two of the answers seem valid.
20 - debatable.

Now I really will go do some work. That quiz is utter gibberish.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Whoever set this up is completely clueless about setting proper questions and the law. The spelling and grammar are poor too.

It wrongly states that motorcycles and scooters should be tolerated within ASL boxes as "they are vulnerable road users who also may not be stable when starting to accelerate."
Apparently there's no difference between a biker and a cyclist but there is between a cyclist and a cycle-user. WTF?

Q: Your wheel is slightly untrue, what must you do?
A: Do not ride and allow a local bike shop to Investigate.

Whit? I *must* take it to my LBS? I'll ride it home and sort it myself!

Edited to remove repeated word.

Last edited:
Top Bottom