Online Cycling 'Test'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R_nger

Guru
Unusually, I find myself agreeing with everyone ! At best, some of the answers were subjective, at worst, just plain wrong.

Where did the OP find this ?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Where did the OP find this ?
They made it up themselves and posted it but it's been held for moderation for 9 days?

Alan O

Über Member
I didn't have to provide an email address, postcode, or anything like that - just make up a name and password.

I found it very mixed, with some perfectly reasonable questions and answers. But many answers were over-specific, a good few were plain wrong. I often got the impression that they'd thought up a load of facts/recommendations/suggestions first and then tried to think up questions which led to them - and that can be a classic question-setting gotcha.

I found myself trying to work out which answer they were trying to get me to choose, in a few cases where all four answers were to some degree acceptable and none was uniquely correct.

And I stopped at "What extra caution might you note while riding a road bicycle on the road?" Extra to what? Extra to riding a road bike on a lake? The answer they gave as correct didn't actually justify any of those offered.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Whoever set this up is completely clueless about setting proper questions and the law. The spelling and grammar are poor too.

It wrongly states that motorcycles and scooters should be tolerated within ASL boxes as "they are vulnerable road users who also may not be stable when starting to accelerate."
Apparently there's no difference between a biker and a cyclist but there is between a cyclist and a cycle-user. WTF?

Q: Your wheel is slightly untrue, what must you do?
A: Do not ride and allow a local bike shop to Investigate.

Whit? I *must* take it to my LBS? I'll ride it home and sort it myself!

Edited to remove repeated word.
Maybe they've seen your past efforts with a spoke key?

KneesUp

Guru
Is there a limit to how many cameras can you fit to your bicycle? (looks for answer nearest to 'why do I give a shoot?')

Your answer: No, as many as you can reasonably fit. --- Incorrect

Too many devices fitted to a bicycle can impede cycling and cause a distraction to the rider.

Er, if they impede cycling that's more than you can reasonably fit.

This quiz is bobbins.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
I found it odd that they claimed in one question (which I got wrong as I said there was no difference) that 'cyclist' was someone who had great enthusiasm for bikes and yadda yadda but a 'bike user' was someone who used bikes for transportation, then another question the 'cyclist' and the 'cycle user' had 'no real difference'...?

Top Bottom