Oooohhhhhhh Vienna! And Budapest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
On the opposite side of the Danube from the amazing food market is the equally amazing Gellert hotel with another beautiful bath complex behind. It was built in 1901 and the architecture is a baroque fantasy.

I love Budapest, just wish I was 30 years younger and unmarried....

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Many of your suggestions have been taken on board and thoroughly enjoyed, thank you!

Off for a wander to the parliament before the train to Ultravox's patch.

Jealousy inducing updates to follow next week, along with the dreadful photography of MrsRM.

U

User482

Budapest is a great city, and I echo the recommendations, particularly the parliament, thermal spas and children's railway. But the thing for me was the food - try and get some restaurant recommendations and enjoy yourself - and the local wine is pretty good too. The city (well, Pest really) has a very Parisian feel and it's nice to sit in a square with coffee and cake.

Puntastic! Chapeau to you monsieur! :bravo::bravo::bravo:
A chapeau is only as fitting as the good body under it,
This thread explains why @vernon is always Hungary though...Budapest's first Pie Museum - imagine, with Vernon as the incumbent burgher. (No, this doesn't say recumbent bugger. As if...)

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
A brief summary, as a placeholder to remind me what to write up, flying back with BA before booze in Londinium and a late train home:

Budapest involved a walking tour, the basilica, ruin bars, eccentric Australians, the baths, Terror House, the bunker hospital, food market, getting fleeced by a taxi driver, the parliament, the spring festival and being propositioned by a prostitute.

Our train trip was kept entertaining by spilled beer and busted immigrants.

In Vienna we saw Shonburg, Haptwasserhaus, Freud's house, the Belvedere and ate many cakes.

Not bad for 5 days given the quantities of booze and catching up we managed to fit in as well!

Thanks again for the suggestions folks, it's been a great few days.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Only just seen this thread, but glad you went to the bunker hospital, the "hospital in the rock", I thought it was great and I loved it when I was allowed to operate the air raid siren!!

I went last October and used the Boris Bikes which had just been installed the month before.

One of the most notable things about Budapest was its cleanliness, absolutely spotless. I've just come back from Lisbon and by comparison it was dirty.

Top Bottom