Oops:Cycle computer mount doesn't fit handlebar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudor

So the first issue for today didnt come from the bike but from the cycle computer.
The mount, which I thought was standard, doesn't fit on the handle bar.

Rookie mistake? :biggrin:
Now that I look at it, the handlebar is "a bit" different that the one I'm used to on a mountainbike.
That being said, what are my options? Bought it on ebay. Should I try returning it or can I by a SH mount ?

PhotoNov17172829.jpg

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
im guessing it's too small ???

anything too big can be packed out with a bit of inner tube or tape. too small is more of a problem. this is why i keep all and any brackets that i come across. got a little box full of different size clamps.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
So the first issue for today didnt come from the bike but from the cycle computer.
The mount, which I thought was standard, doesn't fit on the handle bar.

Rookie mistake? :biggrin:
Now that I look at it, the handlebar is "a bit" different that the one I'm used to on a mountainbike.
That being said, what are my options? Bought it on ebay. Should I try returning it or can I by a SH mount ?

Too big or too small?

Too big, just pad it out with some inner tube.
Too small, it's only screwed in, you could try getting a cheap rear light mount and use the clamp from that if it's smaller?

OP
OP
tudor

tudor

Sorry, forgot to mention.
Small, way too small. I think it was designed for older handlebars, the flat standard ones back in the day.

So either a cable tie or with a light mount.
Makes sense, thanks guys :smile:

Damn impulse buying!

Top Bottom