Open water swim training first attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

007fair

Ok I a officially no longer gonna try training in boardies, wetsuit coming out tomorrow

Mine has been sitting in the wardrobe since xmas waiting for the weather to warm up a bit
Within the next few weeks it will have to come out as I am booked on my first OW Tri in June.

nervous? yes..

007fair

lil bit, its my first tri full stop :S
My first is Sunday - May 13th! Although thats a pool swim so not so bad. Just the transitions to cope with. I am a bit nervous about the OW one

Post here with your experiences :smile:.. unless of course they are all terrible in which case I don't want to know
If you don't post here .. then we will think you have not survived!

OP
OP
D

david1701

I got caught working so haven't gotten out and now the tide has covered the swimming pool I want to go to :s maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance

VamP

Banned
Hah, my wetsuit arrived yesterday! Quite a science getting in into it, isn't it?

Heron Lake here I come :laugh:

Arsen Gere

Über Member
The Prince Bishops triathlon last weekend in Durham was postponed, the water was 8c !

Grendon this coming weekend may turn in to a duathlon, the water was about 12c. My first OW event this year, I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

OP
OP
D

david1701

yeah the temp is fine with a wetsuit I was in all sprint-summer when I was growing up, its just that it hit pretty hard without the wetsuit

Eoin Rua

Swim last weekend was shortened to 400m because of the water temperature - I think I was the only one thinking 'this is quite pleasant' when I got into the water...my Dec/Jan acclimatisation swims certainly paid off :biggrin: Although a shorter swim left me with too much energy coming out of the water and went off waaaay too fast on the bike! Ah well, live and learn...

Top Bottom