Open water swim training first attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Went for my first OW swim on Thursday and 2nd one today here
Loving it. quote]

For something a bit different there is Ellerton Lake, near Catterick, not too far from you. It is used for the Cleveland Short Course race which is a flat standard distance race you might fancy next year. It will also feature in the Double Steelman, or Ironman to you and me but not by the main brand and a lot cheaper

fatmo

Regular
I'm in training for a middle distance tri later in the year and want to do some open water swims as training, Ive never done one before and found a reservoir not too far away in Coleshill, Warwickshire, but couldn't find a contact number to ask if its ok to swim, there is a sailing club there.
Is it ok to just go ahead or do we need permission to swim ? can anyone help ?

ziggys101

Über Member
I'm in training for a middle distance tri later in the year and want to do some open water swims as training, Ive never done one before and found a reservoir not too far away in Coleshill, Warwickshire, but couldn't find a contact number to ask if its ok to swim, there is a sailing club there.
Is it ok to just go ahead or do we need permission to swim ? can anyone help ?

Find your local triathlon club as they will probably have open water sessions that are open to everyone when the weather warms up a little :-)

fatmo

Regular
Find your local triathlon club as they will probably have open water sessions that are open to everyone when the weather warms up a little :-)

Thanks Ziggy101, I'm going to join Coventry Triathletes in a couple of weeks, I hope they do OW sesh's

Top Bottom