Optima Rider Recumbent Trike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
doesn't @classic33 have a Brox quad ? Who might be able to give an answer ☺

:rolleyes:

Regards Emma

classic33

Leg End Member
Do the mounting bolts match up with hydraulic disc brakes, and can you refit the wheels with the same bolts/fixings?

Anarco

Hi the hydraulic parts are all magura .....slave cylinders are still available ....UK ..sales and technical.Slave cylinder part No. 0730238. slave 831.500
Fluid can leak from bar lever caused by wear on plastic piston.This can be fixed by wrapping successive layers of ptfe tape round piston and working it up and down lubricated cylinder bore after first inserting spring and pushing with a rod through hydraulic line hole.
I've had my rider for years...dead original and done all fixes on it....runs like a watch ...Cheerio !!

OP
OP
Gorweddol

Gorweddol

Regular
Hi the hydraulic parts are all magura .....slave cylinders are still available ....UK ..sales and technical.Slave cylinder part No. 0730238. slave 831.500
Fluid can leak from bar lever caused by wear on plastic piston.This can be fixed by wrapping successive layers of ptfe tape round piston and working it up and down lubricated cylinder bore after first inserting spring and pushing with a rod through hydraulic line hole.
I've had my rider for years...dead original and done all fixes on it....runs like a watch ...Cheerio !!
Hi,
I am having numerous issues building my Optima Rider. Would you mind me messaging you for some addvice.
Regards
Charlie.

OP
OP
Gorweddol

Gorweddol

Regular
Hi,
I am having numerous issues building my Optima Rider. Would you mind me messaging you for some advice.
Regards
Charlie.
Hi,
Is this the same slave cylinder your are referencing .I am not having a lot of luck finding it on the Magura site

Many Thanks,
Charlie

Attachments

• Bike brake cyclinder.JPG
    Bike brake cyclinder.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 16

Anarco

Hi,
Is this the same slave cylinder your are referencing .I am not having a lot of luck finding it on the Magura site

Many Thanks,
Charlie
Hi Charlie.....sorry for the delay....I don't often use this forum
Righty Ho...... that's the slave cylinder ....and I've never had any trouble with mine ( keep them covered with piece of innertube to prevent water and grit.I would suspect they will be fine ...they are a sealed unit....but piston length can be adjusted after undoing lower lock nut.

Magura Sales technical 0800 /0323145...... However this might now be defunct . and a web search might be necessary for German distributer. The only trike using the same hydraulic hub brake set up is ANTHROTEC (they have used it for years) http://www.anthrotech.de/ check their site.
The original brake lever can be stripped down to service the piston and what is more piston travel can be adjusted by a lever screw. Magura parts are pricey...but there you go....probably easier to get the bits off anthrotech. In my experience all the original levers leak from new but can be easily fixed ... and breaking system bled using shimano mineral brake oil ....much cheaper and easily as good as Magura (dont use DOT fluid it will destroy the seals) Once the breaks are set up they last for ages and ages.

Top Bottom