Orange ..... Slightly disappointed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gelfy666

Über Member
I've been looking for a new everyday/ commuter bike, anyway tried a few and settled on the Orange RX9 Pro.... Was quite a hefty purchase but one of the deciding factors was that I thought they were built in this country.
It's a great bike and love it , but when it was on the stand being cleaned I discovered a Made In Taiwan sticker on the bottom.

I sent Orange an email asking the question, and was surprised to find that their gravel bikes and hardtails aren't made by them.

Perhaps I'm being abit silly about it as it is a great bike but I am slightly disappointed.
IMG_20171014_145229339.jpg

Slick

Guru
I wouldn't let details like that spoil my enjoyment of a new machine.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think all but their top models have been made abroad for some 20 years now. I'm surprised that the RX9pro isn't made in the UK though. Shame really.

Lovely looking bike. I've been drooling over the RX9 for a couple of years now, but the reviews don't seem to be too great.

Apart from the fact it's not built in the UK, what does it ride like?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
I think all but their top models have been made abroad for some 20 years now. I'm surprised that the RX9pro isn't though. Shame really.

Lovely looking bike. I've been drooling over the RX9 for a couple of years now, but the reviews don't seem to be too great.

Apart from the fact it's not built in the UK, what does it ride like?
Rides well, really comfortable for me, think the 40mm tyres help that.
It's ideal for the road and cycle paths I use for work

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
On the RX9 overview on the website, which I've now read says " lightweight frame designed in Britain"

Slick

Guru
As I said it's a great bike.... Think they need to be a bit more transparent on their website though.
Yeah, probably, there seems to be more and more suppliers trying to mislead their customers with all sorts of tricks. I still wouldn't let it stop ne enjoying my new bike though, especially one that looks cool and rides great.

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
That's the clue. "Designed" does not mean built.

There are plenty of frames still built in this country if you are prepared to pay for them.
Yes but in their home page it says something like " built in Britain with pride since 1988"

Anyway it's a great bike.... I was just surprised that's all.

Top Bottom