Orange ..... Slightly disappointed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I carry an old motor bike injury, 2 broken legs and I damaged my back also, it comes and goes. But unfortunately I'm now stuck with legs that aren't straight anymore.

You are not alone with that package, throw in some knee arthritis. Also a daily trapped spinal nerve. Thousands spent on private treatment over the years and the best investment was £185 with Adrian Timmis.

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't get too excited by bike fit. I've an elbow stitched together with titanium and a fit caused me problems. The issue with a fit is there are multiple standards, which all disagree with each other to a greater or lesser extent, so which is right?

screenman

Legendary Member
Don't get too excited by bike fit. I've an elbow stitched together with titanium and a fit caused me problems. The issue with a fit is there are multiple standards, which all disagree with each other to a greater or lesser extent, so which is right?

The one that works.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been looking for a new everyday/ commuter bike, anyway tried a few and settled on the Orange RX9 Pro.... Was quite a hefty purchase but one of the deciding factors was that I thought they were built in this country.
It's a great bike and love it , but when it was on the stand being cleaned I discovered a Made In Taiwan sticker on the bottom.

I sent Orange an email asking the question, and was surprised to find that their gravel bikes and hardtails aren't made by them.

Perhaps I'm being abit silly about it as it is a great bike but I am slightly disappointed. View attachment 380612
Now assembled in Elland. They stopped making their own frames whilst in Halifax, before they moved.

Buck

Guru
Just googled their website. Contact is

Orange Mountain Bikes Limited
Unit 3, Brookwoods Ind Est,
Burrwood Way,
Holywell Green,
Halifax,
West Yorkshire
HX4 9BH,
England

classic33

Leg End Member
I thought they were in Holywell Green not Elland?
Factory is just outside Elland, as you head for the M62.

Used to be in the engineering area of Halifax.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've owned several GT frames over the years - none of them made in the USA. the last one is Indonesia

I think my SS is UK designed, made in Taiwan, using steel from Japan

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Where it was built is much less than important than it having been built well. It only irks me with premium brands that choose to keep quiet about where the frames are built. My current fleet includes one built in Italy, one built in Taiwan, and two in the US. All excellent quality.

Cronorider

Back in the day when something was labeled 'Made in Japan' it was considered to be inferior. Now if you can get a hold of something that was made in Japan from that era, it is considered to be a greta score.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm increasingly convinced that back pain is caused by bad bike fit not by low handlebars. I would advise anybody buying a new bike to have a professional bike fit, which should cost around £50 and is usually deducted from the price if you then buy a bike.
IME, back pain is caused by stress, either personal or professional... but maybe that's just me.

I think my old Orange P7 was actually built in Yorkshire though :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom