Orbea D30

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Illy

Regular
Hello, I have the orbea gain D30 I’m asking does this have a jumper cable to control speed and can it be disconnected thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Aren’t electric bike speeds limited by law? And thus changing this would render it illegal?

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh and probably void any warranty the bike may have.

if you want to go faster, pedal harder or get a motorbike licence 👍

Last edited:

boydj

Legendary Member
Hello, I have the orbea gain D30 I’m asking does this have a jumper cable to control speed and can it be disconnected thanks

I have a Gain D40 - nice bike. Mostly I only have the power on to help me up hills while my power is compromised.

Surely if you want to go faster you should pedal harder or buy a motorbike, rather the bodging the Gain to break the law.

gzoom

Über Member

If you Google it you will see plenty of ways to do what you want.

Do consider the impact on battery usage, you will be amazed how quickly the battery range will drop if ask the motor to provide support over 15.5mph, as it essentially means it on all the time.

richtea

No jumper cable, but there are dongles you can buy & place in-line in the PAS cable.
It will cost you a small fortune (£150-200), and supposedly gain a few mph.

I guess it might be an option to buy a US version of the bike (which has a higher max speed), but I've not heard of that actually happening - probably due to prohibitive shipping costs.

Basically, if you want to go faster, you don't want to start with an Orbea... :blink:

Top Bottom