Orthosoles for Plantar Fasciitis.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone used THESE insoles and if so with what results?

I've been suffering with the dreaded PF for a few months now, (diagnosed by doc).

He recommended THIS sort of insole, so I went and bought some.

They seemed to help initially but recently the pain has escalated to a burning sensation in front of my heels as well.

I've been recommended the Orthosoles by a friend, but I just wanted to gauge any experiences anyone else may have had with this product.

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
The gel ones worked best for me, supplied by Physio

Are you doing Physio stretches, rubbing with ibuprofen gel etc

My PF seems to be resolving after Shockwave and time. Unfortunately I've just been diagnosed with midfoot arthritis :sad:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
The gel ones worked best for me, supplied by Physio

Are you doing Physio stretches, rubbing with ibuprofen gel etc

My PF seems to be resolving after Shockwave and time. Unfortunately I've just been diagnosed with midfoot arthritis :sad:
I do the tennis ball rolling and the reverse stretchy thing, but I'm not constant with either TBH :whistle:

I've not rubbed it with anything TBH. I can't take Ibruprofen due to BP meds, so I'd have to check with the quack if I could use the gel. I've been recommended Arnica gel though so might have to get some of that.

I'm at the docs on Thursday for a BP review, (expecting he'll give me an additional med :sad:), so I'm going to mention it's gone worse and see what he has to say.

I have read your PF thread HERE Vickster and was expecting a reply so thanks for that, and while I'm really pleased you're seeing some relief, I am sorry to hear about the midfoot arthritis :sad:

User269

I saw a podiatrist who filmed me walking & running on a treadmill, took a history and also undertook an examination of my feet. Based on her assessment, a pair of custom made orthotics were ordered. They don't cure anything, but they enable me to walk and cycle without pain. I went privately as I didn't realise my GP might be willing to refer me, but it wasn't too expensive.
I'd be surprised if off the shelf orthotics, even targetted at a specific disorder, would be of much use as we are all different.

vickster

Legendary Member
Stretch your calves a lot, do heel hangs from a step and also calf raises

I found acupuncture by Physio fairly useful if you can afford it

Top Bottom