Other Hobbies?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brad

Just thought I would start a thread off to see what other hobbies everyone undertakes in their spare time?

I will start off with mine:

RC - I love tinkering and fettling with things, and fuel powered remote control cars satisfy this urge. There are a great bunch of lads to go and race with and it really does provide a satisfying experience when they run correctly.

So what do you do?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm a musician, although I'm not sure where you draw the line between hobby and soul-encompassing obsession? Most folk in bands quit some time in their mid-20s, the average age in my current band is about 38, and the curve is seriously pulled down by having a 22 year old fixie owning trumpeter! Despite the fact we're old bastards we're doing okay for playing festivals and whatnot.

I'm also a writer, although not so much these days as I'd rather be out on my bike that typing!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Not the same thing but it does have a remote control throttle....:whistle:
DSC_0456.jpg

I mess about with an electric tractor I designed and built from scrap.

This is a video of Arch giving it a quick spin before the wooden body work was started!
th_Roadtest05250212.jpg

I am also designing and building an electric powered reverse trike.
DSC01198.jpg

This is the 11" diameter motor I am building up to drive it and the first draft of the rear swing arm.
DSC02032.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

I could add renovating my house but I am not sure if that is a job or a hobby.:blush:

yello

Oddly, I don't really class cycling as a hobbie as such but whatever, moot point, I'd say messing about with computers is the closest thing I have to a hobby.

RC - I love tinkering and fettling with things, and fuel powered remote control cars satisfy this urge.
I've done the whole RC thing, cars, boats, never planes but would love a helicopter.

I used to love electric RC, (apart from all the charging), but I hate Nitro RC cars, the damn things take forever to get running right, last a lap or two then konk out, after that they I can never get them set up right again, far to finnicky for my patience levels TBH.

I do a little bit of running jogging, but apart from bikes my hobbies are really my homelife and my dog, that does me :smile:

OP
OP
Brad

Brad

I've done the whole RC thing, cars, boats, never planes but would love a helicopter.

I used to love electric RC, (apart from all teh charging), but I hate Nitro RC cars, the damn things take forever to get running right, last a lap or two then konk out, after that they I can never get them set up right again, far to finnicky for my patience levels TBH.

I do a little bit of running jogging, but apart from bikes my hobbies are really my homelife and my dog, that does me :smile:

I am very much into my nitro cars, have dabbled in tenth electric but part of the fun for me is maintaining them and upgrading them to make them stronger. I also love engines which is partly why I own nitro, but I'm looking to get a 5th scale petrol model soon - maybe a baja 5b ss or something like that. It will be a kit of some sort rather than ready to run.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
[QUOTE 1989238, member: 9609"]the clue's in my avatar[/quote]

Epic scale gardening?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Just worked out the RC thing- Roman Catholic didn't seem to make much sense as a hobby!

I dabble with growing weeds vegetables on a small allotmemt so I guess that's a bit of a hobby.
Fanatical radio listener - especially unlicensed stuff, stemming I guess from the Caroline and Laser days back in the 80s. There's at least one radio in every room. Drives Mrs G mental.
Help on the UK glow worm survey
I'm also into my birds.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
2 young kids, whos got time for more than 1 hobby ?:surrender:By the time i have got home, had tea etc and spent time with the kids and managed to sit down i have maybe 30 mins max so i look on a website you might have heard of where obsseives debate endlessly about 2 wheels propulsion:laugh:
Seriously though i have a multi gym in the garage that i do a circuit on a couple of times a week and thats about it, used to do martial arts but i could not give the time i needed to train for the level i got to and i hurt my shoulder (non training ) and its never been 100 % since so i knocked it on the head.

Top Bottom