other hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like to play with my camera. Not actually a photographer, just a dude who likes to take pics. :crazy:

Few night shots and my granddaughter Franki.

01.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
000Laughlinscene1.jpg

Nice painting :okay:
I remember watching him racing as a teenager at the spedeworth stock car races, (circa 1970) Wisbech.
He was known as Derry Warwick.

Thanks, glad you like it. :smile:

I have to admit, I wasn't even a gleam in my parents' eyes back then... :blush: It was the British GP at Brands in '82 what did it for me - and have been a fan of Derek's ever since. And, then, also, of his much-missed younger brother, Paul.

BTW, I know Derek's dad Derry also used to race superstox, and that his uncle Stan used to build the engines...

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
@Drago I've not been around in recent weeks, so I may have missed others asking you if your rock music interests include taking part in the pop master quizz on Radio 2's Ken Bruce a few weeks ago by any chance?

Thomson

I have two young boys and my partner works when I am home half the time. I still listen to off the ball radio and on catch up if I have too. I used to watch the btcc on a Sunday but now I tape them and watch them late on a Sunday night. Sometimes the f1 too.

Milzy

Guru
I try craft/real ales and cheese tasting.

subaqua

What’s the point
Huge threads, fastening against steel, and into oak. Getting them to line up (as I did to start with), meant some of them were nearly 2mm above the steel. In the end I gave up worrying, and decided that they're done up when they're done up. But in principle, you're dead right.

You have just described why they shouldn’t be all lined up. A cabinet maker at BAE explained why to me when I was an apprentice spark and took the pee about how his hinge screws weren’t lied up but my socket screws were . Screws are tight when they tight. To line up means over or under tightening both are as bad as each other.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
My daughter used to have two houses like those crammed full of Sylvanian animal families living in each room, good memories. When she was teenager and updating her room she gave the houses to me to give away and she cried. They are in my mothers loft wrapped up, hopefully for her child.

I collect vintage wristwatches, have 2 scooters including a 1962 vintage Vespa, a motorbike (love riding two wheeled anythings) and then it's "normal" stuff. Football, hiking, boozing and procrastinating, I am world class with that combination and can often set off for the football, call at a pub and never actually get to the football.

Hi Mark,

I just bought a 1966 VBB; it's 5 years since I sold my last scooter and 7 (!) since I got rid of that ETS I used to have...

I forgot to post this one. I've always sucked when it comes to music. Ask me to whistle a song I could never get it close enough so that someone would recognize it! :crazy:

But I always have loved guitars so I practiced and though not real good, I got to the point where I could play a song so that it was somewhat recognizable. So that is a big accomplishment for me. Not that I want to be great, just wanted to be able to play something half decent. Still have bad timing but we make it work.

I'm trying to play the guitar and my brother is trying to sing. This was recorded together with no practice and the first takes. He doesn't even know the words having to read them off the net when we recorded. Not bad for a couple of old guys.

One night with you - Elvis

Baby it's you - Beatles

Stuck on you - Elvis.this one he knew the words.

Sometimes I just mess around and try to sing myself- The Clash

MarkF

Guru
Hi Mark,

I just bought a 1966 VBB; it's 5 years since I sold my last scooter and 7 (!) since I got rid of that ETS I used to have...

Pics? Owning a vintage scooter is great, so many people want to talk to you, I am not rich nor poor but always like owning "special" things. You only live once and you can have a vintage scooter and a Rolex for the price of manky used Fiesta, and of course, your assets rise in value, not fall.:okay:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Pics? Owning a vintage scooter is great, so many people want to talk to you, I am not rich nor poor but always like owning "special" things. You only live once and you can have a vintage scooter and a Rolex for the price of manky used Fiesta, and of course, your assets rise in value, not fall.:okay:

Well, it's a 'curry burner' so I'm not sure about it appreciating in value! But at least I can fiddle about with it without offending anyone.

DSC_4063.jpg
DSC_4064.jpg
DSC_4095.jpg

Top Bottom