other hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, as it happens I invented the ukulele, dancing and small watercraft ;) As the inventor I must stress that I don't recommend partaking in them all at the same time.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
For a long while my hobby was HiFi but then I got to the point where I had my perfect dream set up so nowadays I just listen rather than tinker (however I may get my Rega arm rewired and a brass stub/weight fitted.....Oh and a new Cartridge wouldn't be amiss)

I also do a bit of B&W Photography when I can get into my darkroom (the back bedroom)

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
[QUOTE 5406897, member: 76"]I too am a Radio Ham (M6 YXA), but in all other aspects I am way more interesting than these two.

Each year I try and learn a new skill. A couple of years ago it was the ukulele, last year was amateur radio, this year I have built a 15' plywood canoe and am currently learning to Swing Dance.[/QUOTE]
Bloody Foundation licence

dinna fash, I'm only kidding.....
sadly I'm just a boring old tart...
life's much easier:smile:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Racing RC Yachts, Love anything RC, Have flown planes Helecopters, did a lot of Model power boat racing years ago. but the sailing is more relaxing.
sailing boat.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I like to collect Art Nouveau and Art Deco items. Nothing too expensive mind. They're still Nouveau and Deco though!. The only thing that makes them affordable is when/if there's loads of them still about,like the German made Deco fruit bowl i paid £40 for. It was made around 1928,but seeing as there's probably about 200,000 still out there it's not a rare/expensive item. Oh,and i like to look after,some might say fuss over my palm tree!:smile:

Last edited:
Still have periodic bouts of DAC fever when I trawl through the diyAudio forum to glean some new pearls of wisdom and try them out on my DAC.

It was supposed to be a temporary hard-wire hook up and once I was finished it would be transferred to a pcb - but there's always something else cropping up so it's still at the basic test state.

The latest are some pre voltage regulator regulators - you get a nice low noise voltage regulator and then put another regulator in front of it to clean up the voltage supply even more which in turn leads to a cleaner sound.

The sound it produces when fed by the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack is mind-blowing^_^

DP3M1542.jpg

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still have periodic bouts of DAC fever when I trawl through the diyAudio forum to glean some new pearls of wisdom and try them out on my DAC.

It was supposed to be a temporary hard-wire hook up and once I was finished it would be transferred to a pcb - but there's always something else cropping up so it's still at the basic test state.

The latest are some pre voltage regulator regulators - you get a nice low noise voltage regulator and then put another regulator in front of it to clean up the voltage supply even more which in turn leads to a cleaner sound.

The sound it produces when fed by the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack is mind-blowing^_^

View attachment 433574
I'll take your word for it. ^_^

Top Bottom