other hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, as it happens I invented the ukulele, dancing and small watercraft ;) As the inventor I must stress that I don't recommend partaking in them all at the same time.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
For a long while my hobby was HiFi but then I got to the point where I had my perfect dream set up so nowadays I just listen rather than tinker (however I may get my Rega arm rewired and a brass stub/weight fitted.....Oh and a new Cartridge wouldn't be amiss)

I also do a bit of B&W Photography when I can get into my darkroom (the back bedroom)

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
[QUOTE 5406897, member: 76"]I too am a Radio Ham (M6 YXA), but in all other aspects I am way more interesting than these two.

Each year I try and learn a new skill. A couple of years ago it was the ukulele, last year was amateur radio, this year I have built a 15' plywood canoe and am currently learning to Swing Dance.[/QUOTE]
Bloody Foundation licence

dinna fash, I'm only kidding.....
sadly I'm just a boring old tart...
life's much easier:smile:

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
looks like my granddaughter has claimed this one and it will be done to whatever style she chooses , this could be fun:laugh:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Racing RC Yachts, Love anything RC, Have flown planes Helecopters, did a lot of Model power boat racing years ago. but the sailing is more relaxing.
sailing boat.jpg

Johnsop99

Veteran
Running the local chess club and playing soprano cornet in two brass bands. (Have been known to cycle to and from rehearsals on the odd occasion, 9 miles each way).

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
buying vinyl... recent acquisitions include a 7" single featuring The Tupperware Brigade, and promotional song by the King Brothers.

There's a reason why I'm officially the worst DJ in town :blush:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I like to collect Art Nouveau and Art Deco items. Nothing too expensive mind. They're still Nouveau and Deco though!. The only thing that makes them affordable is when/if there's loads of them still about,like the German made Deco fruit bowl i paid £40 for. It was made around 1928,but seeing as there's probably about 200,000 still out there it's not a rare/expensive item. Oh,and i like to look after,some might say fuss over my palm tree!:smile:

Last edited:
Still have periodic bouts of DAC fever when I trawl through the diyAudio forum to glean some new pearls of wisdom and try them out on my DAC.

It was supposed to be a temporary hard-wire hook up and once I was finished it would be transferred to a pcb - but there's always something else cropping up so it's still at the basic test state.

The latest are some pre voltage regulator regulators - you get a nice low noise voltage regulator and then put another regulator in front of it to clean up the voltage supply even more which in turn leads to a cleaner sound.

The sound it produces when fed by the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack is mind-blowing^_^

DP3M1542.jpg

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still have periodic bouts of DAC fever when I trawl through the diyAudio forum to glean some new pearls of wisdom and try them out on my DAC.

It was supposed to be a temporary hard-wire hook up and once I was finished it would be transferred to a pcb - but there's always something else cropping up so it's still at the basic test state.

The latest are some pre voltage regulator regulators - you get a nice low noise voltage regulator and then put another regulator in front of it to clean up the voltage supply even more which in turn leads to a cleaner sound.

The sound it produces when fed by the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack is mind-blowing^_^

View attachment 433574
I'll take your word for it. ^_^

Top Bottom