Other than 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Whats the difference between 23 & 25 road tyres ?
Pros and cons would be helpful as its a minefield of information and conflicting views on the web .

Extra 2mm gives a higher volume, so for the same pressure will (in principle) give a better ride. In reality, I doubt if you will notice any difference

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks Dusty .
So do I have it right that 23 is for that very little extra bit of gain ?
Like in the " How much faster will X make me " thread .
Pointy hat
23c tyres
shaved legs
Skin suit etc .
It all adds up but not a lot of point doing just one of them . Apart from the pointy hat as they are just cool .

There's no correlation that 23 is faster, if that's what you mean. It's quite possible that 25s could be faster in certain conditions. 25s will ride better at optimum pressure on rougher roads because they have a higher volume casing, so at the end of the day it largely depends on what type of riding you are doing.

I think it was Andy Hampsten who, when he retired, had a custom bike built to take 700c 28mm slicks - he reckoned they were no slower than the 23s he used to race on...

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
So the 23 is more to do with mudguards than racing ? I,m trying to work out the point of the 23 .
As for mudguards , im hardcore mate . I sit in a puddle before I set off :laugh:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ahhhhhh I was thinking there was a technical reason for the sizes . So its a case of these sizes fit that wheel , take your pic .

Ahhhhhh I was thinking there was a technical reason for the sizes . So its a case of these sizes fit that wheel , take your pic .

No, there are technical reasons, as I said earlier.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
About 9 stone ( always have been )
Style , im sure ive heard a few things shouted :laugh: Faster , further and higher seems to be what I am doing . I used to dislike hills now im looking for trips with harder ones :ohmy: Not racing (yet) but I like the idea of it . Im waiting to see how fit I am by the summer before I look into it though .

Top Bottom