Other than 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
also to throw into the ring, some 23 tyres are closer to 25 in size, for example my Durano Plus tyres in a 23 were defo fatter than the same size tyre in Mich Pro Race tyre.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive been looking again today :shy: and now thinking of the Ultremo ZX . I guess its finding out what YOU like and whats best for YOU but theres no cheap way to find out other than buying them and trying them .
Add to that im on a learning curve its hard to give people the information they need to advise me on whats best as I just don't know .

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
In terms of what they feel like, I can't tell the difference between 23s and 25s. I'm using 23s at the moment because they are a bit lighter and I need all the help I can get.

D

Deleted member 22722

When I got my Giant Defy I started on 23's. I then tried 25's and have just recently moved upto 28's for the winter. I can honestly say that my average speed or times haven't changed at all and that the 28's probably feel a little more comfy so much so that I may not even swap them back come the Spring.

I do weigh 100kg though so not sure if that makes any difference.

I'm sure I also read somewhere recently that most of the pro teams are switching to 25's nowadays so I doubt there can be any performance advantage of going smaller than this.

Top Bottom