Our Doctors Surgery is really very good. Whats yours like ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
On the (fortunately) few occasions I need to visit, the Doctor (choice of three) is always pleasant and appears genuinely interested. They give the impression that they have unlimited time for you.
When I was diagnosed with the big 'C' some 4 years ago they couldn't have been more helpful and managed to 'fast-track' the whole thing. I like to think that helped us catch it in time.

Yesterday my wife was visiting her 92 year old aunty as it was her birthday (She uses the same surgery). While there the phone rang...........it was her Doctor phoning to wish her a happy birthday.
How nice was that.

Ours is really good too as it happens. You can nearly always get an appointment on the day, and don't feel rushed. Really can't fault it one iota.

Mine always says we're busy...
Last visit for medical..
It's nearly always like this , tho I've known it have 3-4 in there..i hate queues

View attachment 378494

Those chairs look like spiders (with fewer legs obvs,)

Drago

Legendary Member
One advantage of being a registered carer is I get priority appointments and treatment. If I fell Ill it could cost the NHS/local authority a fortune in carers and support, so I guess that's why I get priority. Or it could be because I'm a Lord, perhaps?

D

Deleted member 1258

With ours the staff are OK, but its a ballache trying to get an appointment. When we first moved into the area the practice was a lot smaller and very busy but they got you seen and sorted, now they've moved into bigger premises, taken on more patients and now seem to have more patients than they can cope with.

alicat

Legendary Member
Yes, I am lucky. I chose my parents wisely.;)

presta

Guru
My surgery was taken into administration by the DoH 2 or 3 years ago after all the GPs left. It's run on locums now.

I just wish there was a system for non urgent appointments somehow you could say 'can I have an appointment sometime next week ? But no, you HAVE to ring on the day.
Here, the 8 o'clock scrum is only for urgent cases, everything else waits for 3 weeks.
By the time i get my appointment i am well enough not to see the doctors
I think that's the whole point, the reason you have to wait for 3 weeks is that because most minor ailments are self-limiting, and resolve by themselves in a week or two.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
My surgery was taken into administration by the DoH 2 or 3 years ago after all the GPs left. It's run on locums now.

Here, the 8 o'clock scrum is only for urgent cases, everything else waits for 3 weeks.

I think that's the whole point, the reason you have to wait for 3 weeks is that because most minor ailments are self-limiting, and resolve by themselves in a week or two.
I think if you went and stood in A&E you would find some of the people who couldn't get a GP appointment..!

Top Bottom