Our new tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
What a lovely looking tandem.

We are off onto the Hadrian's Wall cycle way next week for a 3 day scoot over from Bowness on Solway to Newcastle. Our gears are being rather temperamental at the moment, skipping, jumping and generally being a pain :sad: Hopefully we can get them fixed before we go - we are stopping on the way up at J D Tandems (such lovely people)

Last edited:

biking_fox

Guru
Lovely!

From where? We're looking at getting a tandem as a special present to ourselves, but I'm 6'2 and OtherHalf is 5'10 so we find most available ones are far too small.

Our gears are being rather temperamental at the moment, skipping, jumping and generally being a pain :sad: Hopefully we can get them fixed before we go - we are stopping on the way up at J D Tandems (such lovely people)
This is what ours we're doing, and the reason for replacement of the cassette, chain and chainrings - it's like a new bike now, and I did it myself for only £50 (I had the tools thought already!)

From where? We're looking at getting a tandem as a special present to ourselves, but I'm 6'2 and OtherHalf is 5'10 so we find most available ones are far too small.
Our Viking Tarantino does us ok, I'm 5' 11", the stoker is 5' 4", and the current model is this one, i think, for very low cost, but can't say that it would do for your other half!
http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/58972/Viking_Ascot_Tandem_2015_Bike

I'd really like something a little more 'upmarket' but we've had ours for nearly 4 years, and we're looking to do an L2P on it next year.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Tandems bring new joy to cycling but also new problems, don't they? My problem is the difference in height between me and my wife. At the moment her seat post is as low as it can go, so she feels every jolt. I'd really like to fit a thudbuster but can't on the current bike. I've been looking around for a suitable one but so far no luck. They are like hens teeth.

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member

VJOCK

Über Member
Beautiful tandem and colour is fantastic. Puts our grey thorn explorer to shame but like noted above we love ours. It's had a new lease of life recently with some trails blue one in swinley with kids and now eldest fits on back he comes out with me.

Top Bottom