Out of date hydration tablets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
June 2021 on the base but it does not state best before or use by. Should I bin them or use them?

They have never been opened if that makes any difference. I found them when tidying up the cycling cupboard.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
use them

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They be fine. I have a load of SIS gel packets that were bought very cheap. They are at least a couple of years out of date. Haven't died.

They be fine. I have a load of SIS gel packets that were bought very cheap. They are at least a couple of years out of date. Haven't died.

No you won't die - but if I may give you a warning: I used to carry free/cheap gel sachets around in case of emergency ... until one day my luggage was expolisvely coated with orange sugary napalm from the inside.

I've stopped that habit.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No you won't die - but if I may give you a warning: I used to carry free/cheap gel sachets around in case of emergency ... until one day my luggage was expolisvely coated with orange sugary napalm from the inside.

I've stopped that habit.

I do check, any that appear 'pressurised' are binned :crazy:

nickb

Guru
Keep them. The '21 vintage Hi-Fives are definitely for laying down.

They are an investment.
I like it - more Somm than KOM 🍷

T4tomo

Guru
Does anyone else think its amusing that Hydration tablets are made by dehydrating the various ingredients?:wacko:

I think i have some from at least 5 years ago:okay:

Roadrat77

I've done a bit of research elsewhere on this and the general feeling is the tablets are fine - I'm currently working my way through a tube of Zeros that are BBE 05/2021 and I'm still alive! The gels are another matter and they would definitely go in the bin I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom