Out of my way damn cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You just have to get past a cyclist. If you can't you, at the very least, have to hit your horn at them in frustration, at least twice. You must do this even if traffic is light, you can pass them 4 seconds later, and you know that there is always a queue of traffic ahead where the cyclist will catch you up.

Logical? Of course its not! Its just one of the rules of the road.....:evil:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
"have you taken your cycling proficiency test"......HA HA HA.

I dont always agree with you on your vid's mag but this guy was potty...the road was so quiet and he sped of at least 40mph in a resi zone.

really inconsiderate driver.

I also notice he had to turn down his stereo to talk, I guess he may have been swept along with the music

also i like your "can I ask...." conversation starter nice and non-confrontational

JiMBR

I live very close-by and have seen a couple of similar incidents on the same stretch.....not involving me I hasten to add! (yet). :evil:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

jonny jeez said:
"have you taken your cycling proficiency test"......HA HA HA.

I dont always agree with you on your vid's mag but this guy was potty...the road was so quiet and he sped of at least 40mph in a resi zone.

really inconsiderate driver.

I also notice he had to turn down his stereo to talk, I guess he may have been swept along with the music

also i like your "can I ask...." conversation starter nice and non-confrontational

Aye, was a bit thrown with the cycle proficiency question! I should have countered back, 'and have you passed your test....yes....would you have done that on your test...?':biggrin:

Yes I was in polite mode yesterday. I even gave him a wee wave! :evil:

stowie

Legendary Member
That road is incredibly wide. Why didn't he just overtake? I assume that poor reading of the road ahead meant he gained on you too suddenly and had to brake, when a small adjustment of his speed (maybe even - gosh - to somewhere below the speed limit) would have allowed him to pass at an appropriate place without too much effort.

Honestly, if he is having difficulties overtaking on a road this size in a titchy Polo, how does he cope on normal roads?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
He looks like a young lad Mags. Lacking your worldly wisdom. Llet him go.

Mark_Robson

I hate to see drivers blowing their horns at cyclists because it can alarm and distract them and that can lead to accidents. Don't they realise that horns should only be used during emergency situations.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Mark_Robson said:
I hate to see drivers blowing their horns at cyclists because it can alarm and distract them and that can lead to accidents. Don't they realise that horns should only be used during emergency situations.

Ach, that is just one of those things you just learn for your test, once you have your driving licence you can do as you please... [/irony mode] :smile:

I do wonder why some drivers think that they had to take a driving test...

potsy

Rambler
Mark_Robson said:
I had a bus driver blow his horn at me last week,because I took primary thru a pinch point and wouldn't let him squeeze through.Got to the RAB me going straight over 2nd exit him going left,he then tried to left hook me before beeping again so he got the 2 finger salute(I'm normally mild mannered but he really annoyed me:biggrin:) I must have held him up for all of 5 seconds-moron.

iamanidiot

Mark_Robson said:
They almost certainly don't know/think about how loud a horn is outside the car and in close proximity.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I had a Merc driver hoot me because I moved in to primary to go down hill through a pinch point. I was doing just under 29 in a 30 zone. When I caught up with him and asked why, he said I should be in the cycle lane and I would get myself killed by staying in the centre of the road !

Top Bottom