Oval This Morning (28 May) - Witnesses Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Blimey, that sounds utterly horrendous! And from the video, it looks like it was a black cab driver too?

I certainly hope the police prosecute. If successful, I believe that's his cab licence gone, so it's a very serious matter for him.

A lot to be said for helmetcams these days: there's no arguing with video evidence.

Crankarm

Guru
Sounds terrifying. It's not the best of areas either. Down the road in Camberwell people are murdered - shot dead.

What possesses motons to be so aggressive?

I hope you suffer no ill effects from the assault.

Is your bike ok?

Were there any CCTV cameras on or near the junction?

Now might be the time to buy a couple of headcams - front and rear as has gaz to good effect.

Hope the ba$tard gets prosecuted for his assault on you.

clarion said:
If you saw any of the following, I (and the Police) would be keen to hear from you:

1. Taxi sideswiping me on the junction (I was not knocked off, but was injured)

2. Taxi driver getting abusive after being stopped

3. Taxi driver hitting me and grabbing my bike, throwing it to the gutter while I was on the phone to the emergency services

4. Taxi driver yelling at me to disrupt the emergency call

5. Taxi driver attempting to drive away from the collision, apparently happy to run me over in the attempt.

6. Taxi driver's second assault of me.

When I left the scene, the Police were still considering whether to arrest the driver. I have not been able to be in touch for an update.

So this arse assaulted you twice, yet the police were considering whether to arrest him? Two assaults, what is there to consider?

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
Great news - a couple of witnesses have made themselves know. But more would be welcome, because I'm pretty certain no one saw all of it. If you saw any of what transpired, please get in touch.

Hi Clarion (yes we have met, but it was quite a while ago) ... sorry to hear of this horrible business, is London becoming more no-go for cyclists? It's been getting on for two years since I last cycled in the capital and maybe things have got worse in the meantime...

Anyway the important thing for you is to work on yourself, get the memories and emotional trauma behind you. Because this sort of thing can all too easily leave scars! That's where others on the several forums, like us, can help maybe. Let the police, hopefully, do their job and nail the offender.

Anyway all the best and keep looking up!

Wobblers

Euthermic
Bloody hell, Clarion, that's grim. I'm glad to see you're still with us. It's good that you've found some witnesses (sorry I can't help - I'm in the wrong city!). Hope you manage to nail the scumbag.

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
Contacted the second witness. I hope we can get more.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Crankarm said:
Down the road in Camberwell people are murdered - shot dead.

Flip me! If it isn't another Daily Mail lurid generalisation from the Clanker.:smile:

It might have escaped Clankarm's attention but gun crime is ocurring in major cities acround the country, I believe there have even been gang related shootings in Cambridge but I wouldn't go as far as to denounce it a 'bad area'.

There are those of us who live in these areas and get pretty sick of stupid comments like yours which do nothing to keep the peace.
Stick to the OP in future and keep your idiotic and wildly unfounded opinions to yourself.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sorry for going off thread just now Clarion.

I can't believe, from what you've posted, that the Police are not arresting the F*****r!

Let us know what the Police say in their defence.

Fingers crossed the extra witnesses help to get an arrest. Are all of the witnesses cyclists? If so, be careful, the police might suggest they aren't independent. :smile:

Top Bottom