Oval This Morning (28 May) - Witnesses Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
User1314, thanks. Shame you weren't on your bike on Friday. Never mind. No, I don't have a ponytail, but I know who it is you've seen. I have short hair, generally ride a blue tourer, and only rarely wear a helmet.

clarion said:
I know they try to suggest that, but it doesn't stand up. Dealt with that issue before for another case. I've never met nor even heard of the witnesses so far.

Agreed. To suggest it, is complete nonsense, but they may use it.

Crankarm

Guru
tdr1nka said:
Flip me! If it isn't another Daily Mail lurid generalisation from the Clanker.:smile:

It might have escaped Clankarm's attention but gun crime is ocurring in major cities acround the country, I believe there have even been gang related shootings in Cambridge but I wouldn't go as far as to denounce it a 'bad area'.

There are those of us who live in these areas and get pretty sick of stupid comments like yours which do nothing to keep the peace.
Stick to the OP in future and keep your idiotic and wildly unfounded opinions to yourself.

Sorry, but you sir are an ar$e. What makes you think you have the right to attack and insult me? And you are supposed to be a moderator ....... blimey!

I used to cycle through this area - the Oval and Camberwell, pretty much everyday for 4 years to get to work in central London from Bromley. A fortnight didn't go by with out a major incident occuring where some one was shot or battered with an axe to recall two of the incidents that occurred. The area was also a target for armed robbery and drug dealing. On top of that the drivers were lethal. I was knocked down in a bus lane by a transit van that did not stop, going down Denmark Hill just before Camberwell Green. Although I had the reg and witnesses the Brixton police told me not to pursue it! Also by a taxi when I was heading down Camberwell New Road to Camberwell Green. It is not an area I would like to live. I was also chased by a nutter around the Oval in his car and then assaulted as he claimed I had touched his car whilst waiting at traffic lights. Not me mate. The area is full of head cases. Again the Met police refused to pursue it as no witnesses came forward despite me having a smashed up face.

What makes you think the area is safe when you have on your avatar,

SE London, Bandit Country

I rest my case.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Crankarm said:
I rest my case.

Finally?:smile: At long last.:laugh:

BTW, even as a moderator I am still entitled to my opinion as a forum member.

What you had to say about Camberwell had absolutely nothing to do with the OP and you just wanted to have an unrelated dig at the area.
I've been cycling these parts for twenty years or more have had a few nasty incidents myself and I sympathise with your feelings but I do feel your comment was needless and utterly misplaced.

Also my tag line refers to bandit cyclists not hoodlums.

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
OK. There are a lot of bad drivers everywhere. And I do think that there is a particular concentration in London, but what matters here is just one bad driver, so can we agree that's OT, and get back to the purpose of this thread?

Crankarm

Guru
tdr1nka said:
Finally?;) At long last.:biggrin:

BTW, even as a moderator I am still entitled to my opinion as a forum member.

What you had to say about Camberwell had absolutely nothing to do with the OP and you just wanted to have an unrelated dig at the area.
I've been cycling these parts for twenty years or more have had a few nasty incidents myself and I sympathise with your feelings but I do feel your comment was needless and utterly misplaced.

Also my tag line refers to bandit cyclists not hoodlums.

But not to insult or attack people. Read the forum rules as you obviously haven't.

Yes it did, as I had an incident at the same junction and several very near by. But where I differ from you in my post is that I didn't insult or attack anyone. You sir are an ar$e. But according to you I can say this as it is merely opinion :smile:. The calibre of moderators is definitely falling.

And you don't even know what you've written in your tag :laugh:!!

Let me remind you "SE London, Bandit Country" No mention of cyclists but actually referring to the area of SE London.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
As is the relevence of your posts Dear Boy. :smile:

As for insults I merely said your statement was idiotic and out of place.
It was only my opinion of your post, I don't think I speak for everyone on the forum either.

Let Clarion get on with trying to get some justice in this situation and stop sitting on the sidelines and proffering pointless posts that are not really relevent

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
Dear Clarion

There must have been something in the water on Friday in SE London.

This is a copy of my report to Stop SMIDSY at 0725 hrs just before I reached the New Kent Road

I was travelling North in Rodney Road. The weather conditions were bright and sunny. As I approached the pinched raised hump I could hear a lorry revving hard and coming up on me from behind he was in a low gear. As I reached the road hump he commenced his overtakeand just cut me a to a stop. He gave no indication that he even seen me.
Clearly not as seriuos or traumatic as your incident. So this is just for info and to let you know that you are not the only one.

"They walk amongst us!"

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
Scary enough, though, Titan.

I do use Roadsafe London to report bad driving on a fairly regular basis, and there's a fair half that I don't report because I can't get enough of the details, or can't remember them long enough to write them down.

In fact, I was skimmed by a white van on Sanderstead Road, Croydon this afternoon, after it had tried to scare my partner with stupid use of the horn. I started reciting the VRN till I got a chance to write it down. I'll be reporting it in a minute. I'm pretty sure most of these incidents just get a letter sent out, but I hope enough get some degree of action.

I'm not going to stop riding, though. :biggrin:

PBancroft

Just popped in to the Forum after being away for the weekend . Sorry to hear this Clarion, hope that the Police come back with some sort of positive outcome.

dondare

Über Member
User3143 said:
It's a jungle out there.

D'you mean the roads? They're not supposed to be; they're supposed to be how people get around conveniently and safely. All identifiable hazards, including dangerous vehicles and bad drivers, should be removed.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Jeez didnt see this until today, sounds rough, massive credit to you though, you are a much cooler customer than me, it would have been a full on fist fight in my case, I wouldnt have detained him, I'd have battered him into next month. I hope you are okay and consider buying a helmet camera pulling your phone out to take photographs or video leaves you very open to being attacked or the device taken from you.

Top Bottom